ESB or ROTJ?

I think you should do whatever version you most enjoy seeing. For me it is the ESB version. I just love the look of Boba against that red scene in the hallway. Do what you like the best. Don't do one version or another because more people are doing it or for part availability. If you like a version make it happen.

I say do whatever YOU like the most. There are some purists, and there are some that dont care about accuracy, but more about a cool individual costume. There are some that like that cartoony colored jet pack from ROTJ. hahaha
(just kidding, no offense to anyone).
Then there is me, the type of guy who has seen ESB 10 times more than any of the other movies. I grew up loving star wars, but it seemed that every time we wanted to throw one in the VCR, it was ESB. What a great film. That was the image of Boba that sticks out the most to me. So ESB is the image that I want to replicate. Again, everyone has there own opinion, and nobody has to like mine, but ask and ye shall receive. (I really do love the ROTJ gauntlets) and if you really wanna try a unique costume then do the holiday special. Im starting to think about it after looking at "Boba_die_Wix" progress:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=28623

I like em both for different reasons. I lik the more unified colors of the ESB costume and the sidearm and blaster as well. For some reason the ROTJ pack is growing on me... I wish the ESB pack had more detail or color. Maybe more reds and yellows or have the rocket like the rotj pack. ESB helmet is a def plus to me as well :) I also like the blueish gray suit more than the rotj colors. ROTJ skull is cooler ;) heh... I don't even know I am just kinda rambling. At first I did not like the ROTJ pack but I may like it more than the ESB one now... overall the more military/hunter unified look of ESB pleases me more... but ROTJ is just as win in my opinion.

You totally should do Holiday Special Fett! That has been growing on me as well heh

El1te

Here's a noob question that fits this Thread pretty close...

Which of these two helmets is closer to ROTJ? (check the links)

1. MR - Special Edition

2. MR - "Artist Proof"

I am going with ROTJ armor myself, but I liked the movie ESB better. However, I am buying a bucket instead of building one (hence my question). Once I get my armor done, I will take the time to build my own Fett bucket.

Any comments on the two helmets are welcome - thanks in advance.

Aliit ori'shya tl'din

Neither. Both of those helmets are the same, no idea why they are coloured differently like that.

ROTJ can wear an ESB helmet, but the MR is based off of the PPv3 helmet (99% close to ESB). The Special Edition movies had Fett wearing the ESB helmet, but there is extra damage on the helmet due to mishandling of it over the years.

Hmmm, check oout these EBAY auction LINKS, they look different and it had me a little confused considering I am still a FIT "Fett in Training". Thanks for the comment GC.

Well, check out these EBAY auctions, they look different and it had me a little confused considering I am still a FIT "Fett in Training"."]Special Edition Auction - check out the large photo on this one.

Artist Proof

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

-Edit - Removed bad URL

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should go with what you feel is best for you, don't listen to others.

Personally I am going ESB simply because I think it is the best movie and also because I like the more uniform look of Fett there. But I have to admit, I do like all the other variants as well but this is because they are more colourful.

Also, it has alot to do with memories for me - so if I should have gone for something else than the ESB it would have to be a version more close to my childhood's Kenner Boba Fett action figure; the Pre-Pro.

There is also one other I really like, and that is the Holiday Special Fett, which is so very rare - but still ultra cool!

In short - living out my childhood, as you can see :)

Here's a noob question that fits this Thread pretty close...

Which of these two helmets is closer to ROTJ? (check the links)

1. MR - Special Edition

2. MR - "Artist Proof"

I am going with ROTJ armor myself, but I liked the movie ESB better. However, I am buying a bucket instead of building one (hence my question). Once I get my armor done, I will take the time to build my own Fett bucket.

Neither bruv... both those are ESB paint jobs... but could work with SE?
I'm a little confused about your comment about buying a Fett lid then making one? I can only assume you meant 'paint' your own lid? ;)

I prefer the ESB Fett for the same reasons that were already pointed out, the colour scheme is better IMO (though I do like the red gauntlets) and in Empire Fett was the man, not a stooge like they turn him into in ROTJ. So I'm going to make my first Fett project an ESB build.

ofc the other thing the MR lid - is its pinch needs to be fixed as well prior to troopin
and depending on wot fits in with ur sensibilities - this can either be a small or big job!

if u are gonna put cash down on a MR - maybe get a nice Fang and get a commissioned paint job?

I actually like the MR paint job, but it is a mix of paint jobs

I like ROTJ - just the colout scheme
but have always loved the look of the ESB helmet with its cat scratch.
I am so happy abt ROTJ SE :D

but my ultimate fett? pre pro-2 - cos it was my fav toy as a kid.

I like the level of detail involved with the ESB bucket, but I much rather prefer the ROTJ blaster to the ESB one... it just looks meaner...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back