ESB or ROTJ?

GlockInk

Jr Hunter
Whats everyone thoughts pros/cons on the ESB or the ROTJ versions!? Im starting to like the ROTJ version a little more, it seems thats the most used costume...

the thing I like about ESB is the side arm blaster!! but the thing I hate is the all green paint scheme... I wish there was a version of the ROTJ with the side arm and the ESB Webley. oh well, I guess I will have to wait on the Blu-Ray version and hope for another change!!:D:D:D

I am digging the red gauntlets a little more...ESB seems green overkill to me. The pre pro with the yellow and red looks pretty cool too!

Most people like the ESB helmet but want to stay ROTJ so they do the ROTJ SE. So you can go with the ROTJ SE version but it takes more skill to paint the helmet ESB style.

There are a number of things about RotJ that I really like, namely the the less-blue color of the jumpsuit and the placement of the belt pouches, but ultimately the ESB Webley and the striped cape won me over. In the end, I call myself an ESB kind of guy. :D

That would be an interesting costume, however, I dont think mixing and matching will get you into the 501st if that is what you are aiming for. If not, then good luck!

501st would be cool...but its more for me. Ive wanted a Fett armor suit for years...Now to get rid of the horror collection! Come on Cargo hold access!

Facing this dilemna now - I think I'm going ESB because Boba actually survives the movie, and doesn't go out like a punk - sorry RTJ fans :)

Facing this dilemna now - I think I'm going ESB because Boba actually survives the movie, and doesn't go out like a punk - sorry RTJ fans :)

I am an ESB about 80% complete, there are alot more ROTJ, for various reasons, sometimes I wish I would have went with ROTJ, cause you can sure find alot more ROTJ parts than you can ESB. About your comment on ROTJ, there is one good thing about the expanded Star Wars universe, in the books, Boba survives the Sarlacc, so he can continue on many more adventures :) Either way, Boba rules!

G-Fett

I prefer ROTJ. My prime reason is ROTJ was my favorite out of the original 3. But I also liked the costume a lot more ... especially the jet pack.:jet pack It's already been mentioned, but I also wasn't too thrilled with most of the hard armor being green in ESB. One other thing - more kill stripes in ROTJ!

When i first started in the Fett hobby in like 2001, there were like 5 of us who were going for ESB, and everybody else was going for either ROTJ or SE. Times have changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems like most are going for ESB these days. I might get hate mail for this, but I really do like to see pure ROTJ's!!!! There arent to many around these days. Now that I think about it, I like to see well done pre-pro's even more!!!! There is enough ref floating around these days to do a faithful representation of whater vesrion you choose. It wasn't always so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimately, its up to you!! Pick the one that turns your crank the most!! ;)
D

On a side note: the very best ref. we have is for RoTJ/SE. Thanx to some members, we have much more ESB ref. than we used to these days, but if you wanna really go accurate, you will have an easier time with ROTJ/SE.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i first started in the Fett hobby in like 2001, there were like 5 of us who were going for ESB, and everybody else was going for either ROTJ or SE. Times have changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems like most are going for ESB these days. I might get hate mail for this, but I really do like to see pure ROTJ's!!!! There arent to many around these days. Now that I think about it, I like to see well done pre-pro's even more!!!! There is enough ref floating around these days to do a faithful representation of whater vesrion you choose. It wasn't always so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimately, its up to you!! Pick the one that turns your crank the most!! ;)
D

On a side note: the very best ref. we have is for RoTJ/SE. Thanx to some members, we have much more ESB ref. than we used to these days, but if you wanna really go accurate, you will have an easier time with ROTJ/SE.
Well expect to see me as PPv1 in the next few years!

It's funny that the one thing some ppl dislike about a version is the one thing that I like most about it. I prefer the green ESB cuz to me it has more camo/hunter/predator feel to it, rather than the happy colored jet pack and red gauntlets of ROTJ.

I might get hate mail for this, but I really do like to see pure ROTJ's!!!!

well...
Here ya go then.
As a bonus, I've also included a Sith Cheerleader for ya.
Merry Christmas.

1024325928_04d478846b_b.jpg

YES! :lol:

1: ESB Fett for me brings back the most memories being his first movie appearance and I have fond memories of seeing TESB. The Fett in TESB established and solidified the mystique for me.

2: ESB Fett Gets Han Solo, gets paid and talks back to Vader and gets away with it.

ROTJ Fett gets sucker punched by a blind man and falls into a giant monster. Shoud have spent more time honeing those Bounty Hunter skills and less time trying to make time with Jabba's dancing girls. :D

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back