SW Galaxies Sketch Cards (my own)

The Clone Emperor

Active Hunter
Yesterday artist Joe Corroney informed me that he was using my costumes as reference for a couple of his contributions to the popular "Artist Sketch Cards" in the upcoming Topps Star Wars Galaxy Series 4 trading cards;

l_35d07e762a8f433f976ed052de54751b.png

Illustration by Joe Corroney for Topps Star Wars Galaxy Series 4
DURGE as modeled by Thomas Spanos

l_7c3af69e00db44ecb7bdf0cf0aef3434.png

Illustration by Joe Corroney for Topps Star Wars Galaxy Series 4
Imperial Knight Ganner Krieg as modeled by Thomas Spanos

Joe went on to say that I was free to share these images with the costume community. That's actually rare. I have worked with a few LFL artists now and almost always there's a wait period before I can share good news. The waiting can be difficult. Therefore I was doubly excited to be able to share these images at about the same tyme I saw them.

Click here to see the cards in context with a sampling of other pieces Joe is illustrating for the project. From what I have seen, Joe's contribution will also include illustrations based on other costumers from the Star Wars community. I'll let them to share their joy when they find out.

There is even a possibility that a few other characters that I model might make their way into this set. If this happens, you can bet I'll post an update.

Be well,
Thomas

My surprise to see this thread bubble to the surface. (I was just about to post too.)

Thank you Jamie. I would like to credit your work properly;
Durgesmall.jpg

Illustration by Jamie Snell for Topps Star Wars Galaxy Series 4

And a colour card no less. I am honoured to have my work referenced in this project. I have now identified nearly a dozen costuming friends appearing in this series, and that is just the beginning. I think it is a beautiful chain of inspiration and brotherhood.

Be well,
Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
from Justin Chung

Thank you again, Brothers of TDH.
This week I received a trio of illustrations from artist Justin Chung;

l_bd5f6d9a894f4f67be10868b171f4ea3.png

Illustration by Justin Chung for Topps Star Wars Galaxy Series 4
Prince Xizor as modeled by Thomas Spanos

l_c0dc5566444c4889a772b773f06d2bb4.png

DURGE as modeled by Thomas Spanos

l_ec1eb5f8fe444913824125b5d53b9f87.png

Imperial Knight Ganner Krieg as modeled by Thomas Spanos

Justin emailed me a couple of weeks ago asking for reference images. Along with those requested, I sent a bevy of images of other EU costumers who I felt represented the best of their ranks. To my great delight, he was able to make use of a few of those references for other cards in the set. (Click here to view 3 x 3 set.)

Be well,
Thomas

You had some great sketch card artists render you!! Artists I admire quite a bit! I have to admit that I think I like the first Corroney card, The Clone Emperor in the most recent post with his work, the best of all of them.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back