My Sons Mando (Vau look alike)

TK2280

Active Hunter
Well, My son wanted a mando costume (He sees me working on my Jodo). So I told him to draw one up and I will do my best to make it. What he came up with almost sounds like Walon Vau. My son Dylans Armor will be all Black with a black vest and Black jump suit. He also wants a dark red commanders cape as well. Any way. here is what I have so far.

3105541631_7fc4b51027.jpg

3064910872_f491007c40.jpg

3064910876_0901776de2.jpg

3106371384_aa26dc9cbb.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3097/3105541631_7fc4b51027.jpg

Thanks, His is just sintra. I think it is safe to say the armor I got is much better :D Kid stuff I can do, for the good stuff......well, thats what ur for :D

I love this stuff. Great father son bonding here. Most of all, you did outstanding with the armor. You must post the finished product!

I like it, how tall is your son?

He is 4'2 And just tunred 8 yrs old in Late Nov. He is a bit on the short side for his age, but then so am I. I can hit 5'7 on a good warm day. With my bad back and right knee I tend to be 5'6 in the winter months :D

Just got his black flightsuit in the mail today. We are off the the hobby shop to pick up a bit more plastic for add some more parts to his jet pack.

This was His costume when he was 6-7 yrs old, He out grew it so it was sold just this past April, Now he wants another one.

104_7937.jpg

But His new costume is all him. He drew it out with all the colors he wanted, then we did the "make your own mando" on the Mandalorian merc web site and he used the same colors there just too see what it would look like as a real costume.

That is just awesome! I love seeing kids in hand made, high quality costumes. I'm working on a Boba Fett for my 6 year old, but she(that's right...she)is already talking about wanting a custom too. :)

Ok So It has been a while. I have not got too much more done, but here are some new shots

This is the outline for his belt. I will have a leg holster on it as well as a few Ammo pouches.
3244906003_a7cda2fba3.jpg

3245735110_1483a53975.jpg

This is the Jet pack. He drew it up like this so I am make'n it how he had drawn it. I still have to add a bit more parts as well as 2 more thrusters on the left and right side. He told me it will go faster with 4.
3202787312_b8bc3f5126.jpg

A garrison member is letting me have his Rubies Jango. I will repaint that and then I just need to make the vest and get some boots. My goal is to have it ready by the Motor City Comic Con in mid May.

You really cant beat trooping with family, Im hoping my son (now 15 mths) grows to love this stuff like me.....well - I certainly hope so - he now has 11 SW shirts in his wardrobe waiting for him to grow bigger!!!!!

If he doesnt like SW Im really sunk.....

where did you get the kid's size flight suit? I need to get started on my son's armor next. He likes how mine is starting out.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back