Jaster Mereel Jaster Mereel....

postmortem01

Active Hunter
I've been trying to get my kid involved in the 501st stuff. Mainly the charity end of things and finally, on his own, he approached me and asked if he could do a Jaster Mereel costume. I had to look this character up since I have not read any comics or SW books. Does anyone have any good pictures of the Jaster character than clearly shows his guns and markings?

Very proud of the kid and want to make sure I get him setup with a good costume!

Thanks,
John

Here are a few images

Jasterstanding.jpg

Concorddawn.jpg

Jasterdeath.jpg

150px-Drawing-5.svg.png

The last pic shows his unique skull and it's on both shoulders. Besides that his only insignia are the two yellow triangles on his chest plates. His gun is kind of hard to see, but that should give you a pretty good idea. He has different ear pieces and I believe there are no keyslots on the back of his helmet either, if you want to go super accurate with the helmet

That's awesome! Thanks guys. He's really excited about this costume. I'm going to machine the guns for him and make them hyperfirm. Should be a fun project.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for the gauntlets? Those are the last pieces I need to do, but seeing how they are not regular Mando gauntlets, I'm a little lost on how to make them since I have larger forearms.

Well, it took forever for my kid to sand this helmet. He works like slug...sheesh. Anyway. I worked on the first earcap. I will work on the second next weekend hopefully if work lets up. The Rangefinder on Jaster looks different in some frames. What is the deal?

I'm taking some artistic license since everytime they draw this character, he's different.
DSC09409.JPG

DSC09407.JPG

Could you make those pics bigger...I can't quite make out the details!:confused

:D J/K...looks good man. You should put up that ref. pic for comparison.;)

It's not my shop. It's where I work. I wish it was my shop.... :D

A lot of the ear caps were made by laser cutter. It's simple and fast. Obvuously not done yet but getting there.

DSC09432.JPG

DSC09431.JPG

Still working on this ear cap.,,
DSC09433.JPG

LOL. That's funny. I never thought of that.... You missed the Snowtrooper in the box under the bench in the back and the third R2 on the shelf. :p

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back