Ouch!!!

99centTaco

Active Hunter
Anyone else ever fallen off the roof while putting up christmas lights?
My mother bought a bunch of lights today and told me to go up and put them up over the house. Our roof had just been replaced a few months ago and I guess one of the shingles was not tacked down and I'm the lucky one who stepped on it. It was like surfing on the roof. My brother took a picture and caught me in mid air half way down to the gound missing the rose bush by 2-3 feet. Im tring to upload the pic but the wire is not communicating with the computer. I'm ok though..:lol: After hitting the ground I just thought of the old line, "Theres no more yankie in my wankie."
untitled.gif

jeeze, that sucks man, at least you are alright!

Reminds me of my mom when I was still living there. She would just buy a new electric track light, or some other thing that has to be installed, and tell me to go install it. Mind you, this was how I learned electrical work, and got shocked a few times....

Man, glad you're OK!
About six years ago I was trying to get the lights for our Christmas tree untangled and figure out why they wouldn't light.
I found the answer by sticking my fingers onto one socket that had lost a bulb. Of course, I should have unplugged the strand first.
"BBZZZZZTT!!" Got a nice little electrical shock outta that one. I yelped like a puppy and my wife just laughed. :lol:

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back