Machinedfx Resolved

Dark Jedi

Active Hunter
This is a message to anyone looking to Machinedfx for a Starkiller saber or any other replica he claims to make. I placed an order back in september and the gentelmen who makes the saber, Steve, was really good about replying to my emails and sending me pictures of the product. According to his estimates, I should have had the saber in November. I then recieved an automated email from google marketplace that my saber shipped. on November 20th. after a week I emailed and called him, and finally got a response on Dec 2 that it had shipped and should arrive in a few days. Now after 10 days of trying to get ahold of him for a tracking number or update, he seems to have vanised off the face of the earth and my saber has still not arrived.

If someone knows him personally, please let me know what is going on. Otherwise buyer beware.

Update (12/18/08)
After posting this thread he called me and eplained that he was overwelmed with emails and orders, and that my saber was in the mail. It arrived yesterday (which indicated it was emailed the same day he called me) and it really is a work of art. I will post some pictures in my thread. While I think he still needs to work on his communication skills, I am very happy with the product.

-Dark Jedi

Last edited by Dark Jedi on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

His site:
http://machinedfx.blogspot.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh yes sorry i saw on the site ..the apprentice saber ..im having with a problem like yourself but with a member on here for my gauntlets :(

I know steve to be an honest guy as he shipped me my saber in time for my event...so I don't know what's going on, I'll try to reach him.

My saber got damaged during my event, and I sent it back to him for repairs, he's been pretty good about it so far...

- Fitz

Hey Dark Jedi,

Steve (machinedfx) needs your full name and your email and he'll contact you.

I was able to reach him as of yesterday.

- Fitz

He contacted me last night and said there was an error in the google notice and he would go through the stack of delivery confermation numbers from the batch of sabers he sent out and email me mine. ( at this time I still haven't recieved the number) He also said I should have it by monday on tuesday, but I would like to point out this is the 3rd or 4th delivery date I have been given.

I will send him an apology once the saber arrives, but in the meantime I have to protect myself and others from scams.

Right, but I do ask that you would give him the benefit of the doubt, he was very thorough with me on my saber, and is also a friend of mine, and a mod on my forums; and I know him to be an honest guy.

But do keep me updated, I'll do my best to be a medium for everyone to talk to him if they can't reach him.

Can you send me the phone number you have for him please?

That way I have all the contact methods I can to reach him.

- Fitz

I'll PM you the number here in a bit.

Now don't get me wrong, I give people the benifit of the doubt. The issue here is I have recieved several delivery dates and "it should be there in a few days" replys already, and somehow in the age of emails and phones I couldn't get a reply or response for over a week. If I did that with ebay sales or to people here when I occasionally sell stuff in the Cargo hold, people would not give me good feed back.

And for the record, at 12:50 pm CT today, I have still not recieved the confermation number he promised me on saturday, and if the saber dosen't arrive today or tomorrow as he said it would, then is it alright for be to doubt him? Once again when/if it arrives I will change the tread into an apology, but in the mean time I am still cautious.

I'll PM you the number here in a bit.

Now don't get me wrong, I give people the benifit of the doubt. The issue here is I have recieved several delivery dates and "it should be there in a few days" replys already, and somehow in the age of emails and phones I couldn't get a reply or response for over a week. If I did that with ebay sales or to people here when I occasionally sell stuff in the Cargo hold, people would not give me good feed back.

And for the record, at 12:50 pm CT today, I have still not recieved the confermation number he promised me on saturday, and if the saber dosen't arrive today or tomorrow as he said it would, then is it alright for be to doubt him? Once again when/if it arrives I will change the tread into an apology, but in the mean time I am still cautious.

I totally agree with you that he should have kept you updated, as anyone who wants to have an honest reputation should.

If he does anything wrong, I'd be the first to ask him what's going on? So on that note, let's see if you get your saber in the next few days, if not, I'm going to call him and see what's up.

Keep me updated bro.

- Fitz

The product:
I will share some pics to vouch that he does make a good saber and show the moderators what a real version of the saber looks like.

DSCN4745.jpg

DSCN4746.jpg

DSCN4747.jpg

DSCN4748.jpg

DSCN4749.jpg

DSCN4750.jpg

DSCN4751.jpg

DSCN4752.jpg

DSCN4753.jpg

I will be sending Machinedfx an appology and asking about the electronics needed to make the saber blue for future costumes

just wondering, how much was that saber? my starkiller might want to get one in the future.

Steve's sabers are amazing. I have one of his Darth Nihilus sabers and I plan to keep using him as my saber maker. I did have similar issues with him regarding him not returning e-mails and having to wait quite a bit of time to receive my saber. I do have to say, his sabers are worth the bit of hassle. I plan to have him make my saber for my upcoming Plo Koon costume.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back