My new bucket with Stormrider insides!

TitanFett

Active Hunter
I just wanted to show off my new bucket with working rangefinder and Stormrider's internal foam padding(y). I had to work some of the padding around the servo for the range finder, but other than that it was an easy installation. This padding is great and really finishes off the helmet. The helmet is mostly done with just some more scratches to be added later in the back and dull it up. I can even fit my head in with everything, but the rear padding over the keyslots!

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

Looks awesome. I'm with slave1117a though... gotta do sum'thin about them energizers stickin' out like sore thumbs. LOL Awesome work though.

The helmet interior is like bottled unfiltered awesomeness. Very cool. But you should use Duracell batteries, because when your hunting down the galaxy's baddest criminals, it just has to work. LOL sorry, I couldn't resist. Love those adds.

Thanks guys. I think I will be making some plastic slip covers to support the wires and hold the batteries. Just got to get er done.

It is actually not bad. I don't wear anything on my head under it and get quite a bit of air from the bottom of the helmet.

Im goign to be working on the new pieces for my kit tomorrow. The primary focus is creatign somethign that goes in the top center, thats better than the gear.

My plan is to make something sort of maple leaf shape, that fills the center gap with detail.

Now, that beign said, do you have the MQ for the rear key slots?

It would be possible for me to make the rear pad piece hollow.

Also, would it be useful to make a 9 volt battery box/cover out of greebles?

Looks nice. Ill use this pic as reference to see what I can add to the kit to make it better.

Also one tip would be if that the rear piece, is shaped like it is so it can be moved way down, and be bent ito cover part of the keyslots, and angle to the base of the helmet. This allows your head to slide way back, and gives a cool look to the helmet.

Ill find a picture for you when i get home.

m2

Im goign to be working on the new pieces for my kit tomorrow. The primary focus is creatign somethign that goes in the top center, thats better than the gear.

My plan is to make something sort of maple leaf shape, that fills the center gap with detail.

Now, that beign said, do you have the MQ for the rear key slots?

It would be possible for me to make the rear pad piece hollow.

Also, would it be useful to make a 9 volt battery box/cover out of greebles?

Looks nice. Ill use this pic as reference to see what I can add to the kit to make it better.

Thanks for the props and glad the pics can be put to use. LMK if you need others. I did not get a MQ, I don't think you were doing them when I got the kit. Making the rear pad hollow to match the MQ (maybe) would probably be a good thing. Even if it could be made a little thinner would help as well.

As far as the battery covers, I would say that wouldn't be needed because the location of the batteries is probably very different from person to person and designing things that to go anywhere in the helmet could be tricky. On the other hand with what you have done with these to this point you could probably come up with something really sweet!

Also one tip would be if that the rear piece, is shaped like it is so it can be moved way down, and be bent ito cover part of the keyslots, and angle to the base of the helmet. This allows your head to slide way back, and gives a cool look to the helmet.

Ill find a picture for you when i get home.

m2

Thanks for this tip I will try it, but I think it is still too thick. My noggin is just to thick!:lol:

I was actually thinking about taking a battery and sculpting on top of it to look like a 'starwars power source'. Then you could put it anywhere and thats just where you put the 'power source'.

Ill ship you a free rubber MQ monday. PM me your addy.

Ill be in the shop all weekend finishing up my webley molds:)
ciao

M2

PM me your addy

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back