My 1st Boba Helmet.

vigvam1

New Hunter
Hello People. Been a Boba fett fan for years and stumbled across TDH last week. Quality people, tips, tutorials and threads. I have been inspired to build my 1st helmet!!!!!!

010.jpg

001.jpg

006.jpg

020.jpg

007.jpg

019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I used to build models years ago. Never done anything like this though. Made loads of mistakes but learning as I go and overall quite pleased for my 1st effort.

The helmet is coming along great! This forum is full of great informaiton, and the people here are really helpful if you have any questions, welcome :)

Got to thank wizardofflight and digifett for the online tutorials. Been a mission to build so far but there threads are great. Wigwam

christmas fett fans

Loads of adjusting due to first time round errors. But now coming along nicely. Got most of the sanding done but now time to put part together and do the final filling.....then the final sanding, again!!!! Dome is rough but as i was sanding filler/bondo it leaves natural looking dents so decided to go with the rough look. Being a bounty hunter surely the dome can't be that smooth???? Personally I think it will look better, Comments on that welcome......

004.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Ok so here is a better update on my 1st attempt. I havent done any model making for about twenty years and finding this website a few weeks ago and trying my first build is one of the best things i have ever done!!!!! If you are afraid to have a go, trust me, just do it!!! You will enjoy!!! Your Mrs or Mr wont though!!!!!! Experienced TDH members will probably notice the following......!!!!!
  • My dome is too high and i didnt sand it totally smooth because I thought a few natural looking dents would be better.
  • I made up my own green because i couldnt find a correct one.
  • I copied count dookies ESB paint stencils when i am using ROTJ range finder topper.
  • My "ears" are about 1cm too far back.
  • I painted the whole thing using enamal and BRUSHES when it seems everyone uses spray or air brushes.
  • I could go on........
But apart from my mistakes I am really pleased with the outcome so far. Still loads of painting to do and I still plan to make a second, better one when I am done.

So thanks to everyone for your comments and if you havent tried to make one yet, get to it!!!!!

Oh.. and my Dent and arrows < > are too high!!!! Oh well!

Simon, UK

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back