'Kosmic-Kustoms' on Ebay?

AFettFullofDollars

Well-Known Hunter
Has anyone here dealt with him/her or heard any comments on their work? They are selling a really nice looking ESB Vader helmet and I was considering purchasing it. Just thought I would check here before I dropped that much coin on a relatively new ebay member. Also, their profile shows that they have only been a member since Nov. 30 of '08, but I could swear that I have been watching auctions for this same helmet for alot longer than that, and I can't find any record of a previous user name. Here's a pic of that helmet.

204233913_tp.jpg

204233931_tp.jpg

I would suggest making sure they include a tracking number where they are "new" and keep a close eye on it. Also, if you're hesitant about the seller and feel they may be going under a different name now because of past experiences, I'd pass. Just my 2 cents.

yes, I could bet I´ve seen the same helmet before ... it is made by another ebyer ... I try to get the name ...

I would wait with the buy ...

I´ll post the name of the original maker if I can find it.

Manuel

Hey, the ebayer that sold those helmets months ago was a guy called "iron-lung". I just don´t know the exact written name (e.g. iron-lung, iron_lung, ironlung, etc) so I couldn´t find a member with that name.

But it definatly was this name!

Maybe they changed the name, or made a new account ... or in bad case this one is just a re-seller or even a re-caster ...

It´s a fine helmet, and what wonders me most is the exactly same view at the pictures he shows. Iron Lung did the same pictures.

That´s why I am worried.

Hope I could help out my friend!

cheers,

Manuel

Thanks for you help Manuel. I'm going to pass on this one. The photographs are what raised my concern also. And the fact that he is selling the same ANH Vader and Shoulder Armor that I had previously seen w/ the same pictures. I also looked at his 7 feedback score, and although he has 100% positive they are all as a 'buyer' and six of the seven are for $2.00 or less. It looks like he's trying to boost his feedback/transaction # by purchasing a bunch of inexpensive junk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it's Phil, aka SPFX. People over at the Prop Den claim to have waited for well over a year to get one of his helmets, so I 'd say it's a good decision to stay away. Nice helmet though!

I might as well warn you about JB-Props as well. Another great looking Vader helmet (ESB), but I was personally screwed when I paid for the helmet after being showed photos of "my" helmet before it was ready to ship. That was in June and I still haven't received my helmet.

Fett is a much safer hobby, and I must say this community is really something special! 99.99% good guys and gals!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back