problem with a member here in a transaction

arod fett

Jr Hunter
i had a jango fett suit here on the cargo hold... fallenjedi bought the armor and sent me a money order.... i live in canada and he sent me a u.s. money that can not be cashed in canada... i went to the bank , they did cash it but called me a few days later to say that it was not cashable in canada.. i had to pay the money back which cost me an extra 100.00 because of the exchange rate.... now the member fallen jedi is saying that there was paint on the armor when he recived it... and that the paint is coming off , the armor was in fine condition when it left here ...... he is sendong the costume back to me and now i am out the exrta 100.00 and this was the money i had for the kids xmas presents..... this is un happy member on the dented helmet!!!:angry

That is a very unfortunate situation indeed.

The one thing I have come to find with international transactions is that you have to spell everything out in detail BEFORE any trading is done. For example, I will not ship anything with a value over $100 out of the US without the buyer paying shipping for Global Express Service (which can be tracked) and Insurance. If they are unwilling, then I don't sell to them.

I am trying to understand why you didn't simply return the US money order immediately and have fallenjedi send an international money order instead?

Also, I am not sure why fallenjedi is returning the armor unless you have agreed to accept the return? It sounds like you don't agree with his assessment of the damage, so why are you allowing him to return it at this point?

i did return the money order as soon as the bank called me, i sent it by fedx next day delivery which cost me an ertra 40.00 so at this point i am out 140.00 of my pocket..

i did not agree to have the armor sent back , if any damage was done to the armor , it was not done from this side..... i packed it well.... i really dont understand where he is saying there is paint coming off the armor???? rod

this is the armor, it was 740.00 shipped the united states....

jango.JPG

I'm sorry this has gone public but I want to share my side.
Arod_Fett specifically asked for a 'US Postal money order', I have 2 PM's from him stating this. He would not accept Paypal, only a 'US Postal money order. That is what I sent him.

Arod_Fetts avatar is one pic he provided to show the armor.
The other pics Arod_Fett provided did not accuratley represent the costume. If this had been a face to face transaction and I had seen the costume I would not have bought it.

I am going to return the armor to him, we are both out shipping cost but I feel this is the best solution.

Please look at my photo album here on TDH to see an example of what I received.
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/album.php?u=7237

i do have a copy of the postal money order he sent me.... i dont understand why he sent me a money order that you can only cash in the united states... when i live in canada.... when i cashed the money order the clerk did not realize that it could only be cashed in the united states... a few days later they call me back to give the money back... i was shocked ... the money order was for 740.00 U.S FUNDS in canadian funds that was 820.00 at the time. the exchange rate changed and when i had to pay it back to the bank , it was 927.00 canadaian.... what can i do ??? this was the money i set aside for the kids xmas presents.... :confused

i did have alook at the photos.....the armor did not look like that when it was shipped!!!!! the gauntlet was in good condition... the hoses were off , but that was it..... what happen to the armor.... was there any sign of damage to the box ??? this should be something you take up with fedex.... from what i understood, the armor had rub n buff on it....

i did specify sending a U.S postal money order , but one that could be cashed in canada.... the reason i said that , was because , i sold things in the past and people sent me money orders , but for places like money mart or some other institution that we dont have in canada.....

Last edited by a moderator:
i am out a little more the shipping cost don.... at this point i will be out 140.00 canadian dollars , plus i am getting back the chest armor that did not look that way when it was shipped.... i did not agree to take this costuem back.... to me this was a done deal . and the money was to spent on xmas..... this is not acceptable

i sent the pics fallen jedi had posted to a friend , he said it looks like it was exposed to heat of some kind, he said rub n buff will do that if there is heat exposure.... did you have near heat don? maybe it was casued in shipping , ? this has me stumped., why the silver is on the vest like that..... man i feel bad , but that is not what i sent you .... rod

I really don't want to become an arbiter here, but given what you have both said on the Money order issue, arod_fett, it seems that you are confused about money orders and asked for the wrong thing. There are, to the best of my knowledge, two major types of money orders that can be purchased here in the US, US Money Orders and International Money Orders. It seems that you asked for a "US Money Order" and fallen jedi sent you one. If that is what you asked for, it isn't fallen jedi's responsibility to question the type of payment you wanted. Depending on how much or how little international trade he has been involved in, he may not have even realized that a US money order would not be able to be cashed in Canada, but regardless of what he knew or didn't know, according to your statements, he gave what you asked for. Based on this, the exchange rate change costs and the cost of shipping the money order back to fallen jedi, really fall on your head, arod_fett, because it was your mistake to ask for a US Money Order in the first place. I know that stinks, but based on what you guys have posted, you can't really blame fallen jedi for doing what you asked.

Just to make sure I am not way off, could one of you post a quote from the PM where you arod_fett originally asked for the money order?

The "this isn't what I thought it would be" part of the problem is a whole different issue.

i do have a copy of the postal money order he sent me.... i dont understand why he sent me a money order that you can only cash in the united states... when i live in canada.... when i cashed the money order the clerk did not realize that it could only be cashed in the united states... a few days later they call me back to give the money back... i was shocked ... the money order was for 740.00 U.S FUNDS in canadian funds that was 820.00 at the time. the exchange rate changed and when i had to pay it back to the bank , it was 927.00 canadaian.... what can i do ??? this was the money i set aside for the kids xmas presents.... :confused

Last edited:
i sent the pics fallen jedi had posted to a friend , he said it looks like it was exposed to heat of some kind, he said rub n buff will do that if there is heat exposure.... did you have near heat don? maybe it was casued in shipping , ? this has me stumped., why the silver is on the vest like that..... man i feel bad , but that is not what i sent you .... rod

I am thinking you are right on about the heat and the rub and buff getting in other places. The thing is... couldn't the pieces simply be buffed back out fairly easily? How did you have these wrapped for shipping? Bubble wrap? Plastic?

i do realize and i am sorry about the confusion i may have made with the mistake on the money order.... after we realized that it could not be cashed in canada, fallen jedi told me to send back the money order and he would send the money to my friends paypal account....when i sent the armor it was in fine condition.... i did have bubble wrap in and around the costume .... i just know that i sent a good costume and what was posted of the pant coming off , had nothng to do with me

my friend said that the rub and buff should come off the vest with some type of solution... and it shoud be easy to put the rub and buff back on.... i am not to familar with the rub and buff thing... when i got the costume it was already silver.... i normally wear the TK armor....

I think the rub and buff issue can be pretty easily worked out, if fallen jedi is willing to work with you. The thing to remember is that rub n buff isn't paint. It is a colored wax. It is also never really permanent, which is good and bad. It means if it is damaged, it can be corrected easily, but it also means, it can get on things. Hopefully you guys can take it from here, privately, and come to a good conclusion.

thanks for the input.... maybe he will see that the rub and buff can be fixed.... i think 740.00 shipped was a good deal for a full costume.... it had a fiberglass helmet , leather pouches , resin blasters, which now i believe had rub and buff on them as well....don if you see this . maybe i can work ya better deal for your troubles,i will take 100.00 off but this really was not my fault.... pm me and we will chat.... thanks rod

Very Cool to see things worked out. I know how it is to send something shipped in good condition and have it arrive in less than the condition i packed it in. Arod can tesify to that. Hope things turn out well for both of you guys.

good to hear from you sgt. skirata, how are things? you got the boba fett figure that i had autographed for you by jeremy bulloch right? have a good xmas ... rod

yup qnd thanks bro. Currently it's packed up as I am inbetween residences ( hard times have us living with the in laws) but hey we all get it worked out sooner or later and I am grateful they are there to help us.
Just like I am gld you guys are getting it worked out TDH is like my second family and I love seeing people work things out well here. So often in life I see things go bad and have it not worked out.

i stl have not heard from fallen jedi, about the armor. i did offer him an extra 100.00 off for his troubles..... i know its an easy fix from you guys have said on here about the rub and buff .... anyway don if you read this let me know...

i just go an email back from don , fallenjedi.... the queston i have is do i have to accept a return on this jango costume.... the suit was sent in good condition and now its being sent back with heat damage.... i feel he should be after fedex not returning this to me.. he bought this costume and the wrong money order was sent, know that it was my fault if him sending the wrong money order.... id lke to hear what you guys on the forum have say or think.... in previous emails from fallen jedi, he asked me to return the money order and that he would put the money into my friends paypal account.... now he has his money back and sendng me back a suit that was damaged during shipping.... I also told fallen jedi that if he ships this back to me that i will not accept it and have it returned to sender...... what legal action can i take on this... rod

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back