played with my rangefinder

volkerc

Active Hunter
since i noticed that they added a slide into the rangefinder in the old days, i was wondering if i should do something similar. i like to be accurate, but i don't like that desert scene they used, so i used this one instead, bespin freeze chamber looking at han in carbonite...
rangefinder goes down, light comes on, slide becomes visible...

rangefesb.JPG

Very, very cool! Now when the dude that comes up with putting an actual working TV screen or video game screen in one, that is gonna rule!

G-Fett

Very, very cool! Now when the dude that comes up with putting an actual working TV screen or video game screen in one, that is gonna rule!

G-Fett

I have been thinking about this for a little bit I work at wal mart and i see a LOT of really cheap and low quality which means small screens but I dont feel that we carry any that will fit into a Boba RF I am thinking about tring to work one into custom FR for my custom mando.

now is a good time of year to scroung around retail stores for cheap deals

Also thinking about tring to gut an old camera phone and set something up.... oh the potential.

Uptown

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about using a camcorder viewfinder and then I saw an Instructables article where a guy gutted out a viewfinder lens from a camcorder and used it as a small tv screen. There were a lot of modifications involved until he could make it work but I am willing to tinker with a camcorder viewfinder one of these days.

Nice work V! that looks awesome! Another idea would be to use a frame from ESB where Fett is tracking the Falcon through the jettisoned garbage, since that;s the point that we see the RF in action!

I was thinking of using one of those cheap digi cams from walmart that has a really small LCD on the back, but I am not that good. I wanted to hack it apart to put the lens somewhere on the bucket, and the electronics in another area, and the lcd in the RF. Anyone think they can do it? I saw the digi cams with lcd for less than $40.00 worth a shot.

I actually made a black and white working viewfinder out of one of the eye pieces for a RC car. Hooked it up to a night vision micro cam and it works like a champ. Currently I don't use it, and you can't buy the eye piece separately anymore. The vid card also has OST (on Screen Text) capability, so I'm waiting for someone to get that worked out and I'll probably hook it up. I'll have this installed on my new helmet, and below is a pic of what the picture looks like in my office with the lights off.

DSCF0399.JPG

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back