TUBACHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Tubachris,

I have played in Tubachristmas since 1982 in Ohio. I play in the Lorain, Oh show now, but used to play in Akron where they have over 600 tubas and do 2 shows to sold out audiences at the Palace Theater (seats around 2000).

It is an awesome event, and has become a part of Cristmas tradition for my entire family.

For those of you who have not experienced it, it is the largest "heavy metal" ;) concert you will ever see.

Merry Tubachristmas !

Tubachris,

I have played in Tubachristmas since 1982 in Ohio. I play in the Lorain, Oh show now, but used to play in Akron where they have over 600 tubas and do 2 shows to sold out audiences at the Palace Theater (seats around 2000).

It is an awesome event, and has become a part of Cristmas tradition for my entire family.

For those of you who have not experienced it, it is the largest "heavy metal" ;) concert you will ever see.

Merry Tubachristmas !

lol heavy metal... brilliant!

I played the tuba in middleschool and did something similar in Indianapolis. They had a bunch of tuba players dressed as Santa and then there was the rest of us. I think I was one of the youngest there. I don't know how many people they had in all but it was alot.

I played the tuba in middleschool and did something similar in Indianapolis. They had a bunch of tuba players dressed as Santa and then there was the rest of us. I think I was one of the youngest there. I don't know how many people they had in all but it was alot.

That could have been a tubachristmas event after all!

Tubachris,

Merry Tubachristmas !

That is awsome man, this will be my first year participating. This will be the 11th year here in Tally though. They expect about 40 tuba players alone.

Going to be awsome

my friend is trying to get me to learn enough basic tuba to join him in it this year (I'm a bass player). This is a really fun event that is definitely worth the time to go see

If I remember right there isn't alot of practice time before the performance so there's alot of sight reading.

If you are trying to learn, practice making farting noises with your lips or "blowing raspberries" and you're at least a 1/4 of the way there.

Yea man, learning tuba is really easy. I actually started out playing trombone originally, but I sucked really bad at it. I only learned tuba because the director needed another player. I didnt like it at first, but I learned to play in about a week.

It's easy to learn, but near impossible to master!

As for the music, I actually have it somewhere in my parents house...I got it, but never got a chance to play in a tubachristmas event. From what I remember, its not difficult at all like a grade 2, 3 tops. You should be good to go

I haven't even seen a tuba up close in around 15 years let alone play one but I could probably pick it up and play a Bflat scale without too much trouble. I was never very good, I didn't take it very seriously and never practiced, I was in middle school and played football at the same time. In middle school and high school band and football don't mix.

I haven't even seen a tuba up close in around 15 years let alone play one but I could probably pick it up and play a Bflat scale without too much trouble. I was never very good, I didn't take it very seriously and never practiced, I was in middle school and played football at the same time. In middle school and high school band and football don't mix.

lol you'll be fine. You're muscle memory will kick in

Oh yea, about football and band not mixing. I could not tell you how much my high school director HATED the fact that I tried for football during marching season

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back