Beware of customs officers

Rupidupe

Active Hunter
Be advised about those customs officials. I bought a Bobamaker helmet and customs opened the box and drilled a hole in the top of the helmet for heaven knows what reason. They put an inspection sticker in the box and taped it back up.

Then, they were nice enough to send me a $40 bill for customs inspection fees. They forgot to come to my house and pull my pants down but I expect that any day now....grrrr...

Post Script. The helmet was easily repaired with bondo and it turned out great as seen in my pics in the Jango forum but it really burned me up that they would just drill a hole in someone's item. Maybe they were testing it for explosive residue. Everyone knows terrorists have been sending C-4 to America disguised as Jango Fett helmets.

This is reminiscent of the indignity I felt when my ex-wife cut out my heart, put it on a platter, served it to me, then expected me to thank her for making dinner.

:cheers

That is messed up man! :( I know when I got my bucket from TF they red marked it as a Military item, so now any mail I get has to get checked first before it comes to me. All my boxes have red check marks on them. o_O

El1te

Well in these uncertain times it should be expected that some people dont know much about star wars. It is in fact their job to do these things. Sure it is disrespectful of them to damage your property, but they have the right to check it, in case. But drilling a hole in your lid, is just downright dumb. Have we really evolved from the shoe bomber to the jango bucket bomber? haha

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back