Dental expander & MQ-1 calculator pad question

I only know of two people with perfect expanders. As Phett said, I can think or 4-5 with the MQ-1... Not easy items to obtain with the expander (the RIGHT expander) being infinitely more difficult to find.

I figured they were probably a difficult find.I'd much rather aquire the MQ-1 since it would be a "working" addition to my costume with the buttons being able to be pressed,and all.The expander would still be nothing more than a glued on object.

Steve

I got the MQ-2 on ebay. The calculator pad looks very similar to the MQ-1 but hs an extra column of buttons which I'm going to cut off and make the new edge look like the real edge bu cutting the notches out in the right place.

That's the plan anyway :)

METALLBOY wrote:

Hi their that MQ-2 you picked up does it almost look close to the real thing? May I ask where can I find one?

I just finished modifying the MQ-2 keypad. I cut out one column of buttons and the left raised side part, filed them both down and glued them together. Then I cut out a new notch at the top of the left side.

I also put 2 short pieces of green wire behind it showing through the notches.

Looks great! The real depressable buttons give it that authentic touch.

The only downside is that the numbers and lettering on the MQ-2 are not raised like the MQ-1 so if I painted over it they would be hidden. I'll just leave it the original chrome color then and paint the buttons only.

Are there any good reference photos of the keypad on ESB? Looks like there are yellow and blue buttons but the photos I have are too small to make out exactly how to paint them.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back