Heiland flash tube found part question

Bobby Fett UK

Well-Known Hunter
I have a Heiland tube and want to try and confirm if it is the correct one for a Boba ESB blaster.

It has the following markings -

Number 900448 stamped on it plus the company name and extension (x2) and shutter (x1) also pat pend. it has 6 slots 3 rows of 2 and then three holes around the back. with a nice biig fat thread at the opp end.

Just looking for clarification of the model? Photos are not too good as is it so shiny but here is one.

DSC00906.jpg

Thanks Bobby.

There is no correct Heiland for the Fett blaster. The real prop used an MPP.

A Heiland 2-cell works fairly well, but it's missing a few holes.
There are MPP hole templates to use as a guide for making the extra holes.

Do we know this as fact now? :facepalm

yep there is a picture from the carbonite chamber thats clear enough to get the writing off of. there are letters for each set of holes B,E,S,E. these are the same letters on the MPP flash. so it is 100% a MPP. Heilands just make a nice stand in

ya the photo used to be in the "OFFICIAL flash tube thread" befor the place got cleaned out. but its a blown up photo of the picture where fett is standing next to vader with the rifle aiming down. im sure somone has it

Am I right in thinking the MPP is big money - if they ever come along? Maybe stripping an FX saber would work? The holes should be in the right location etc and you can pick them up for less than £40 now.

ya the photo used to be in the "OFFICIAL flash tube thread" befor the place got cleaned out. but its a blown up photo of the picture where fett is standing next to vader with the rifle aiming down. im sure somone has it

i can't see any letters on the tube in that picture:facepalm

Gonna have to agree with BobaFettSlave1 and lonepigeon on this one... I think it was established way back when (for us old timers) that the Heiland is Not the right one....(y)...at least that's what I remember:confused....

Comparison pics would help... oh wait!..I should post some huh?? :D

will do tonight.

There are a few pics that prove the MPP (like the Cloud City hallway shot). No Heiland has that hole pattern. The MPP tube is distinct because it has the trigger and bulb release buttons on the same side.
A 2-cell can be modified, but that still leaves you with the Heiland writing on it.

I bought a replica MPP tube from Larbel (years ago) to do my Fett blaster. I'm not sure how easy replica MPP tubes are to get now.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back