Got some of my ESB Fett together today

SharkForge

Well-Known Hunter
Hey guys! So over Thanksgiving break I was able to check out my awesome Fett stuff that was awaiting me. I got my complete armor set from Wickedbeard, my soft goods from LSFU, cape from Jango's Kid, and my bucket from TerminalFettler! I was so excited to put some of it on, I just took some pics of the vest with armor on it. I know it needs weathered, I will get to that next. :D What do you think?

l_3c49fc02ae2c404b8d327b737c894986.jpg

l_369c3958a47644c3b5743ad754cb285a.jpg

l_9166160124b340189a268e340f327e9a.jpg

l_d28e63eba8344ad5857f69e369b1d33c.jpg

l_e5df85fd8e44416a9e830fcee963a9ec.jpg

l_ee4956c7bbb54508bbebd6edc6af3956.jpg

:D Anyone have any good ideas for weathering a flak vest and neckseal? I was unsure of how much weathering goes into it. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks TDH :D

El1te

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I was a bit unsure as to how I wanted to weather my soft goods, I've heard charcoal/graphite works, i've heard dirt and oil, i've heard airbrush. Is it worth purchasing an airbrush for?

El1te

Having an airbrush is perfect for everything really. IMO you will end up using it more than you think, if you are into painting. Charcoal and Graphite will work, but it will just make a mess on everything. Dirt and oil are pretty realistic but it just makes a mess as well. An airbrush with fabric paints makes life much easier!

For my vest and neckseal, I filled my basement laundry basin with a few inches of water and added a few drops of paint (black and brown) until the water became murky. I then dunked the soft parts and it gave it a nice, natural uneven weathering and dulled the overall shine a bit.

I did use an airbrush on my jumpsuit, but I didn't care too much about being subtle. You really have to take your time with the airbrush and if it's your first go with one be sure to practice first.

Thanks a lot Studio Fett! :)

I was wondering about weathering... what about newspaper print? You know how sometimes when you are done with a paper, you have black ink on your hands? what if I took some newspapers and gently rubbed it on my suit? Would that give it a subtle weathering effect and i could control how dark it is by pressing harder or lighter. Has anyone tried this or think it is stupid? heh

El1te

Looking good man!!!!!!!!!!!congratulation!!!!!!!! What color is the vest and the neckseal and of where they are these, friend?

Thanks a ton guys! Boba leo, they are a whiteish color with a sort of sheen to them and are made of tackle twill. They were made by Ladysewforus. She does amazing work. :)

El1te

How long did you dunk them for? Id be nervous of making it black instead of unevenly weathering it heh.

El1te

Give it a decent soak and swish it around a bit. I dunked it a few times for about 30 seconds per try. I don't think I could've turned it black if I tried. Much more subtle than I thought it would be, which was nice.

Honestly, it won't make it black like if you sprayed paint directly on it. The water diffuses it pretty well and you won't even wind up with heavy splotches. Just make sure the paint is mixed well. Try just a couple drops at first.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back