INTEREST? Metal Webleys

Just wanted to chime in to say that this is one awesome project and that, that Webley is in the finest condition of any that I've ever seen!

Update: well it looks like right now these will be switching to being bronze as so far steel seems to be much too expensive. theres one moe thing i gotta check though so its not 100% yet
are you guys still interested if they are bronze instead of steel?

if its metal, I want one. Thanks for doing this, I appreciate it. Just outta curiosity, what were they asking for the steel?

it seems that with carbon steel they need to make a metal mold . thats where steel gets really expencive as molds them selves can cost thousands of $$$$$$$$$. and i just cant put my self in a position like that, but theres another meathod called sand casting i gotta look into before i rule steel 100% out.

I remember doing a sand cast with metal like 15 years ago. It was a school art project. I dont remember what metal it was though. It was shiny. Can you paint bronze? Im still very excited about this project.

Just doing research for the time being as im currently very tight on cash. I also unfortunately havent been able to get intouch with Hand-Schaub and possibly get some info or even his help on the project. He was the fist to do this afew years back.

Just A Small Update.

i just got off the phone with a company. im taking the webley to a place that specializes in bronze casting on friday so they can take a look at it, take some photos, and give me a price assessment for bronze webleys with brass grips asap. ive seen this places work before. they really do a great job on the stuff they do

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so talking to the guys at skylight brought up some issues. unfortunately it looks like the working trigger systems gunna be a no go cause all those internal parts including the frame surrounding them would have to be machined and trying to match machined parts with cast ones is just to costly and complicated. another issue, does anyone know how HS made the barrels hollow on his webleys? the guy wasnt 100% sure on it but he said he didnt think can be done hollow. but i know the HS ones were hollow. so now the d bracket & frame will be cast as one peice. the locking peice will be another. and the barrel as a third seprate casting. and brass grips as the fourth
i gotta talk to the guy at the forge to be 100% on the barrels ill be talking with them soon so we should have a price quote soon followed by a first prototype copy

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see the finished product What will the stocks be made out of? Forgive me if it was posted up there before, that's a lot of reading, haha

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back