Painting Jango ears

Bobby Fett UK

Active Hunter
Hi guys, I am finishing up some alterations on a Jango bucket, it came to me with gloss blue paint, should it be matt? and are the ears and topper the same colour as the cheeks?

Thanks Guys. Bobby. (y)

Mmmmm that is a good question you have asked there bobby, I always though it was gloss as this is what it looked like on ref pics but I think its upto personall preference. As to the helmet itself is it the helmet maldorian guard has and what did you have to do to it as I worked on this myself and thought it was fine but im sure my work is not good enough for him.

Boba Trooper

Lol, I think he had an issue with the finding an RF and stalk, seemed the easiest way to sort it as some was missing? The helmet is finished well hence worth the re-work.

Gloss it is then, will be painting tonight!

Phil may post some photos when done.

The front part with the visor is a glossy blue,and the ears are blue too.I also checked on the net about his cheakbones and his helmet pics have grey cheak bones...
well have fun painting ur bad boy! ;) jango kicks butt i was going to make a jango costume but i decided to make my own character [ME] :D hope this helps!

~Marco Fett

To answer your questions, yes! The range finder and ears are indeed the same colour as the cheeks, which are the dark blue ( not grey ).

If you can find the exact colours, you'll be looking for the Krylon "short cuts" Ocean Blue ( the light blue ), and Rustoleum Royal Blue ( the dark blue ).

Phil my ref photos show a gloss/satin finish not matt. I got some paint and inend to mix to match the cheeks, worst case the cheeks will get a fresh coat too.

can't wait to get this finished up for ya!

Thanks Rob! Can't wait to see pics. As bobatrooper mentioned he did most the work. But I had no way in sourcing the other stuff to finish the helmet off.
Thanks Rob for your efforts and hard work.

In all of the reference pics I have, the blues definitely are not matt finish. I'd go with a gloss or semi-gloss as once you weather the helmet it'll dull the paints any ways. ;)

rob just so you know the paints I used where tamiya paint the ones in the small glass bottles, if you wanna know specific light and dark blue i used let me know i have them still as I always keep some as backup from a specific batch for reference or when i need them, also they where airbrushed on.

bobatrooper

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back