right /left gauntlet, cuff & hand armor W.I.P...

How much do you estimate this will cost us when it's all done and ready for production?

I hope It's not $300... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
$299.99 :D ;)

actually... IF i were to sell my test samples ( ;) ) - I'd like to keep them reasonably priced. The price will be based on the cost of materials (fiberglass, leather, hinges, etc.) + the time it takes to make them. I may offer them in kit form, if it's that much more time consuming to put them together than it is just to cast them. (sometimes it's the casting that is the hard part and putting them together only takes a few minutes)

Right now - I'm going to just continue to sculpt the rest of the pieces - then probably cast them all up after we get out of this frigid arctic temperature. I can't do ANYTHING outside when it's only 10-20 degrees out :( (I hate Minneapolis sometimes)...

next step - the hand & thumb armor... then it's on to the helmet (eeesh)

Gee Dallas those look good so far. at this rate I think we are all going to be hard pressed to get anything more accurate than those. Well looking forwater to seeing the finished product.

Dallas, Is that circled,"newly discovered detail" The same as the one that you had circled earlier that you were trying to find? (the cigarette lighter adapter looking part)?

nope... i got that pictured too though. I can't work on that yet until i get the leather trim section sculpted for the right gauntlet - and i can't sculpt THAT until after i have the right gauntlet cast up - so i know how thick it will be :) so many steps... ugh....

edit - got my lefts and rights mixed up ;) all better now :D

So that "newly discovered part" is that on the right or the left gaunt?

the etching i did last night (pictured above) is on her left gauntlet....

the other piece - is on the backside of her right gauntlet - that sets in the cut out groove. As pictured by TheWookie. I will work on THAT piece AFTER i have the leather trim sculpting done for her right gauntlet.

How long would the left arm gaunt with cuff from longest part of the top of the cuff to the wrist of the gaunt assembled, do you think? Of course, leather trim would be added, but because the cuff covers that part, it doesn't really add in to the total length.

cool :) Ya know, if there is a screen capture of the time that they switched the cuff onto the other hand, you might get any other details on the end of that cuff. (if you haven't already) I think you have though. :D They are really awesome.

DCB & ZamIAm:

On the side I do video production and if you need, I have tools to transfer some good quality stills from the AOTC DVD to a picture format if you have any requests. I's be more than happy to post them online.

Ryan

I just thought about it, The problem is when zooming, you totally lose resolution. It sucks. My dvd player will zoom 2x but at 4x it's a mess. I am assuming it would do the same on the comp. If you wanna try, it's on that thread "Zam error on ep2"

Those are just terrific DCB! Very, very cool! You're really out-doing yourself! On the other hand you're making it hard for the rest of us! ;) You keep raising that bar! :D

Please keep us updated on the progress as you add the leather and paint it!

did the hand and thumb armor today:
gaunt120702.jpg
handarmor.jpg

next piece - the broach :D

DCB,

For us trying to make our own, would you be so kind as to post some nice Hi-Res pix of the project you're doing?

I am a little confused on the materials you used. I see the styrene on the top gaunt half painted, then I see the second from the last pic up, where there is a really thick [ cup like thing at the wrist of the gauntlets. Is that not styrene anymore? Kinda got lost on your process there...
measure gauntlets, cut styrene, etch out lettering and any other tidbits, putty in the lettering, putty? or sculpey? the additional pieces that stick out, glue pieces onto the styrene, primer, then?

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back