With apologies to "Bubba Fett"...

Bubba

New Hunter
Hey all, first, as the title says, sorry Bubba Fett... It's just that when asked for a user name I put in mine from another forum 'cuz I couldn't think of anything "witty" at the time... Looking back, I kinda wished I'd used "Hoha Tetsudo"...

Anyhow, I'm utterly amazed by the quality of work seen here, as well as the attention to detail, and above all, reference info!!!

I'm personally not (yet anyhow) into any major costuming, but I might knock out some 1/1 equipment and armor displays... I'm mostly into figure modeling, and nearly all the skills, materials, supplies, etc.. are the same...

The above said, I do have quite a bit of experience with pretty much all aspects of prop construction, casting, painting, scratch building, just on a different scale, so if I have anything constructive to add (other than "Ooohs and Ahhhs" :D) I'll be sure to speak up...

I've got my own "armor" project of a different kind in the works, and need some inspiration... I want to customize my motorcycle jacket with a Fett-inspired theme, so I might be seeking input when the time comes (and if I can figure out the right place to ask ;)...)

Thanks for having me!!!

Welcome!!!!!
Enjoy all of the knowledge and talent here!! (plenty of it)(y)
I've learnt alot so far and hope to give back to TDH..... one day (when Im worthy)LOL;)

Welcome, Bubba. What kind of figs do you do?
I've done a couple of 120mm scale Verlinden military figures. They're fun to work on.

To all who replied so far, THANKS AGAIN!!!

Lath Toth- It's a Harley "FXRG" leather jacket... You can see pics here: FXRG Review

I don't have anything to do with that site, it just had the best pictures outside of Ebay auctions that weren't mine... At any rate, the shoulders have stitched detail that resemble Boba's, so the skull emblem on the left shoulder is a "no-brainer" (he he, it'll match my tattoo), and there's an "embossed" Harley logo on the right sleeve running vertically from just above the wrist for about 7 inches, so I was thinking of trying to "iron" or otherwise pressing the embossing out and adding a row of "kill stripes" there... I personally prefer the ESB colors, but because the jacket is black, I might go with ROTJ colors just to keep them from being too "loud"...

There's also a rubber and metal "name badge" on the left chest, where Boba's led readout is, but I don't wanna use one of those, so I'm trying to figure out something else for that spot- When I remove the name badge, there will be 2 holes because it's attached with rivets, so likely I'll end up with a patch in that spot to keep the holes from ripping out...

I might end up painting the infamous red T-visor (all paints would of course include appropriate weathering) on the back of the jacket from the horizontal seam across the shoulders down... Not sure how nuts I wanna go just yet...

The only other quandry I have is what kind of hardware (if anything) I can use to replace the stock zipper pulls...I'm having a hard time thinking of anything that would work without being too big...

What I'm shooting for when I'm done is something that anybody here would recognize right away, without it necessarily being too obtrusive to a more "casual" observer. It doesn't need to be 100% Boba stuff either... Jango/ Clone (especially Rex or other command guys)/ other Mando stuff is cool too...

superjedi- I cut my modeling teeth on the old Aurora monsters, spent quite a few years doing 25-28 mm gaming minis, then discovered vinyl and resin "Garage kits" in the late 80's and have been into them ever since!!!

Again, thanks for the warm welcomes everybody!!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back