Fear is my ally.

First of all, am I reading this correctly? Is the head a sculpture? Because it looks completely real!!!! This is outstanding, just unbelievable work!!!

G-Fett

Yeah, me too. I thought the head was a real person until I bothered to read the post. Amazing. Your work is the gold standard, Gino. We need to see if we can get you working with LFL. I think you know their archive better than they do.

Yeah, me too. I thought the head was a real person until I bothered to read the post. Amazing. Your work is the gold standard, Gino. We need to see if we can get you working with LFL. I think you know their archive better than they do.

Those are very kind words.

I'd LOVE to do some official work for LFL or an official LFL licensee.
I've recently approached Windlass with an offer to help them with their upcoming costuming line. I was thanked for the interest and assured that they "have it under control".

Their response was "Currently our design team (with constant and direct help of the Lucas Archives and research staff) has been able to handle the tasks nicely."

Why is it that I'm not convinced?
How will that make them look when the stuff they put out does not compare to the pieces I've made? I think they either simply just don't know what they don't know, or just don't care.

I think that costumes at the price point they are shooting for, people will have higher expectations than what I believe they will ultimately end up delivering.

that is the sickest maul ever!! nicely done.

and they turn you down for a job?????

i really think they do not care because somebody will buy their inferior product.

*gasps and can't find jaw to pick up off the floor* ***... you reaaallly don't want me to post this at the dmeb2!! This...is a million times better than any Sideshow doll!!! wow...

Can I post your figure's photos at the Darth Maul Estrogene Brigade 2??

Sure.
PS, just wanted to make sure you realized that it is a life size display (since you mentioned the sideshow doll).
For more info on the costume and display itself, just click my banner, go to proparchive and select Darth Maul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I completely understood it was a lifesize figure :) How could I not with the amount of detail put into it 8)

I have to add...he's beautiful... If I ever win the lottery, you'll be hearing from me :D

Hey Gino, do you have the big cloak that goes over that as well? This is so awesome!

El1te

Thanks!
Unfortunately no. The original costume we used to reverse engineer the one I have was complete as the 'battle costume' but not the huge outer cloak.

Thought about trying to have one made, but there are two things hindering me.
1. This costume is based directly off a real suit so it's patterns are correct in every way, including it's construction flaws. If we tried to make the outer cloak, it would be our best guess based on reference and although it could be close, it would never be as perfect as the rest of the costume.
2. Finding a professional seamstress/costume designer with THE necessary skill/knowledge/patience/desire to work on a beast like the outer cloak is very difficult. I've still not crossed paths with one yet.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back