At the risk of sounding like an idiot.....

taken from google.

"a term used by the production designers and artists for the films, a greeblie is any technological-looking detail added to a starship or vehicle .."

so in shorts it's the little things added to blasters, armor, ships, and the sort.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.....I just knew it was something highly secret and you guys were talking in code to keep us new guys in the dark.:lol:

it's junk that would otherwise be thrown away but can be used to accept or create the illusion of a different part.

Like, bottle caps can look like knobs or buttons.

Or model kit pieces can look like functional switches/buttons/knobs etc. when added to a larger piece, especially mechanical.

On here...it's just a found part or item that is used on a costume (usually the found part has a completely different use) ex. model kit parts on the boba fett rifles

I remember when I first joined, this term was completely alien to me. I couldn't find it on dictionary.com, Urban Dictionary or anything.

If I recall, the term 'greeblie' was used to describe any and all parts on movie props that had no other name. Not sure if the term was coined by Lucas himself or someone else.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back