BKBT Jango Helmets and Armor Back In Production!

Thanks guys for the positive response so far. I've gotten a few PMs already and I just want to reiterate a few things I've told people via PM.

• Please PM me with requests so that we can start the communication process.
  • I can still make gelcoat backplates for $95 on my first mold. There will be a small indention on the left shoulder that will need minor filling.
  • I'm only accepting paid preorders so that I know exactly how much material to preorder and have ready to go.
  • There will be a cut off for this winter push of armor production because I'm only going to accept enough orders that I feel I can complete in the given amount of time. Once I go back to work my time will be limited again and so will the armor production.
That's about it.
Thanks(y)

Any chance of pictures of the stuff you plan on making Lorenzo?
Patience is a virtue. I will start posting pics as soon as I begin to make the first few items. :)

However, anyone familiar with BKBT's armor design knows it is top-notch(y), and anyone familiar with the contruction of my gauntlet shells and backplates is familiar with the resins I'll use for the gelcoat armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that are new and unsure of Cruzer's qaulity of work, I would like to comment that you have absolutly nothing to worry about. His attention to detail and experience with casting is exceptional and outstanding. I have seen his work in person, and can assure everyone that you will recieve the highest quality possible!

Thanks TubaC and thanks to everyone for the interest!(y)

I've decided to not take any more orders for now. This is primarily because I received more orders for CC than expected, and CC production takes a lot longer than standard gelcoat. So I just want to make sure I can finish the orders I have in a reasonable time. Once I begin finalizing these orders, I'll begin taking more...hopefully in the beginning of January.(y)

I'll post some pics as soon as I can of both the gelcoat and cold cast results.

Thanks,
Cruzer

I am relatively new around here and was looking around for where to get some armor (bought a Jango from a fellow garrison member that is missing a few armor pieces and some that are in need of being replaced....and I am going to want to upgrade it anyway in the future). Looks like I have found the right place to come for it :) Seems that everyone thinks very highly of your armor and I am sure I will too. Hope to get some ordered from you in January. Thanks

Really looking forward to this stuff man! I've got a BKBT bucket, so I know how amazing the quality of his molds are, and I've got a set of your holsters, so I know how quality your work is. Put them together and you're going to be producing some amazing product!

Looking forward to getting in on the next run of these.

I am relatively new around here and was looking around for where to get some armor (bought a Jango from a fellow garrison member that is missing a few armor pieces and some that are in need of being replaced....and I am going to want to upgrade it anyway in the future). Looks like I have found the right place to come for it :) Seems that everyone thinks very highly of your armor and I am sure I will too. Hope to get some ordered from you in January. Thanks

Welcome. TDH is the place to be for this costume. I can only take credit for a few lessor parts of the Jango suit. However, the large majority of the armor I now make is from the awesome designs of a fellow member, BKBT. He's a legend in Jango armor. I was just fortunate enough to be able to carry on his legacy after his prop making retirement.(y)

I should have pics up within the week of his and my armor.:)

Hey Cruzer
whats the difference between trimmed gelcoated fiberglass and unpolished aluminum cold casted fiberglass? like is the other one stronger or is it on how good it looks?

Hey Cruzer
whats the difference between trimmed gelcoated fiberglass and unpolished aluminum cold casted fiberglass? like is the other one stronger or is it on how good it looks?

lol going to answer since I'm already here and I'm pretty bored at the moment..:facepalm

Cold cast fiberglass is the process of mixing aluminum powder in the fiberglass resin. The result, when casted with this mixed resin, will result in a very convincing and realistic looks and feel of aluminum/metal, and thus, no need to paint the silver portions if a jango helmet was casted with this method.

Thanks TC.(y)

If I may add, the strength is probably the same becuase the majority of the strength is in the fiberglass backing.

Ok, here's a photo bucket link to some pics of the gelcoated armor. I have a full set of cold-cast armor pulled that I'll post pics of after it's polished.(y)

Jango_Gelcoat_Armor

Enjoy,
Cruzer

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back