Jodo Kast WIP: Jodo Kast (TEOD) - scratchbuild!

rdhawk

Jr Hunter
So yeah, the title says it all. Really, I've been working on this for a few weeks now, so I'm just gonna post the last pics I have on what I've done so far so I don't fill up the thread with a whole lot of gobbledygook.

I went with the trash can armor method, and it worked very well (y)

3007502125_e54067baf0.jpg
3008341156_59cc964c98.jpg

And here's the last few shots of the helmet, per Antman's methodology:
3036547400_ba21b66e24.jpg
3036547478_4ae3146bef.jpg

And other odds and ends, like how I'll attach the armor to the flak vest:
3007502085_3458a0f72a_m.jpg

and what kind of fabric I'll use (the light kinda bleached it out in this pic):
3007502155_ca05480bd7_m.jpg

oh, and some of the rattlecans:
3007502041_f3844f0782.jpg

So yeah, that's about it so far, but today is a day off work, so more progress may be made!

edit: oh, and one more thing, as a polite request from me to you, if you comment, NO MANDO'A!!!!!
....thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm gonna try to do the head of the screw in the back of the armor (epoxied or w/e works), through the eyelet (which will fo in the vest) and the nut will go on the other side, and the bolt will be ground down/cut down to sit better and not be stabbing me so much.

You'll make Craig (Jodo Kast 3) proud to see another TEOD Jodo coming along.
Looks like you are off to a great start. I know a fair few people here have gone the bolt-on method so I'm sure they'll be happy to chip in any advice should you need it.

Coming back to this after setting the helmet down for a week (did all the above work in three days, which had early on the second day me getting frustrated and ripping the face off), I'm sorry I've got no pics up, but I'm making this update at the other end of the house from my room waiting for Sudafed (the gf shared her sinus infection, but eh, the kiss was worth it).

The only progress that's been made so far from that was I made the ear cap bottom part that's between the RF stalk and the helmet, y'know? Where you've got the little 1/4-of-a-circle-ring? Yeah, that part's now about done and sanded so it looks good, but not on the bucket yet. But I've got Wed. and Thurs. off work, so more progress will be made then, for now, I try to get well. May very well update this later with a pic so I make more sense.

Wow, I thought this had been lost somewhere (sorry mods to necro-post my thread, I didn't remember it was still around!) I've done a LOT of work on it since then, so I'm just gonna play a quick game of catch-up:

3949731474_50da4e2e1c.jpg

There's the front armor stuff laid out all pretty. Need to finish up the cod by sanding the bondo, adding the blocks onto it, and painting it up and weathering (like everything else needs to be, thinking silver sharpie for a quick-and-easy metal effect). The white plastic above the holster under the left (its right) shoulder bell is the beginning of the right gaunt (for-sale+hot glue/epoxies). Need to find the left shoulder bantha skull thing.

3949731302_b1038b5e0b.jpg

Back stuff. Need to do to the back what I need to do to the cod, as well as ensure the edges where the two pieces meet is strong enough to hold. Gonna start on the jetpack at some point (got some hardboard and insulation foam, gonna go w/ the green, grays, and maroon/reds from the comic)

I've got Kwik-Sew pattern 3389 for the jumpsuit, I'm getting more plastic for the gaunts and knees, and will hopefully start scratch-building the weapons soon as well as modding some Nike hi-tops I found at the Salvation Army.

But yeah, sorry for such a necro-post, I thought this had been the subject of routine deletion!

Thanks for the compliment! Been working hard (or hardly working, however you look at it). Got the jumpsuit cut out from the pattern, got the vinyl for the ammo belt, and broke out the comic for some new scans. However, the sewing machine is broken (it's a singer, less than 2 months old!), so I can't sew everything together. Work's letting us wear costumes for Halloween too, so this is starting to get annoying, but I have an entirely different question to pose today:

JodoKast.gif

That right gauntlet looks kinda interesting as an alternative to the usual right gauntlet. I can get better scans, but the scanner saves them as PDF files (but you can blow em up huge and look at tiny things). How hard do those look to scratchbuild though, to me it doesn't look too bad since it's kinda roundish, and those two barrels probably can be done from various PVC lengths. They're definitely cool-looking though, may have to incorporate them in if I can make hem, but it's getting cold here in KY, soon it'll be too cold to work on the hard parts, and I'll be forced to fix the Singer :(.

Hoping to come back with more work done soon, hopefully without a broken Singer and a crumpled body :lol:.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back