Converting to TD. FINISHED!!! see last post

And where did you get the MG34 kit? IMA seems out of them and I am not sure where else to look -- or is yours a resin replica?

If you are planning to troop in your armor, let me recommend you NOT get a real/dummy MG-34. I have one and it is unbelievably heavy. I trooped with my original MG15 (which is lighter than the MG34) and it almost killed me! Your best bet for a trooping weapon is a hyperfirm model. They are a bit pricey, but well worth it as you can't destroy them and they are super light.

Did you trim the seam on the front of the dome to get the rubber brow to bend upwards or did you fiddle with the placement of the drill holes to get the face plate to drop down a tad? I've been wondering about which would be better.

If you like the high brow of the "Move Along" trooper then by all means, go for it, but keep in mind, that a high brow is not an indicator or a sandtrooper as seems to be becomign common belief. Sandtrooper brows are all over the place in the movie, and while the stunt trooper helmets (which all sandtroopers were stunts) are generally higher browed than the hero helmets, only the Move Along trooper has the super high brow.

Last edited:
Your best bet for a trooping weapon is a hyperfirm model. They are a bit pricey, but well worth it as you can't destroy them and they are super light.

Thanks for the good info!

If you like the high brow of the "Move Along" trooper then by all means, go for it, but keep in mind, that a high brow is not an indicator or a sandtrooper as seems to be becomign common belief. Sandtrooper brows are all over the place in the movie, and while the stunt trooper helmets (which all sandtroopers were stunts) are generally higher browed than the hero helmets, only the Move Along trooper has the super high brow.

I agree with your perspective here completely. Its just that when I put my AP helmet together, the brow was just TOO perfect. It looked like a hero helmet with the brow right on the lenses -- and after examining the sandtrooper scenes of the original ANH, I only saw one of them with the perfect low brow. Most of them have >some< space between the brow and the lenses. I just want a tad bit of space like the average TD, but not the 'move along' TD... more like the Look, sir, Droids! TD or as Jango 5204 has been able to do here with his. I figured trimming the brow seam would be the easiest way to do it, but then I am worried about the spacing above the earpiece getting too large.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the beginning i wanted to be a stormtrooper :S but now im proudlly a BF Fan full time LOL all thanks to TDH i guess hehe

i think that nice stormie armor just wants to be a sandtrooper. i don't know what it is, but i had my AP suit and never even wore it before i converted.

great job so far!!

A little update. I spent a few hours gettting the sniper plate made and attached. I also got some weathering done. Might be a little heavy in some places. On the helmet, I havent had a chance to remove and paint the gray parts yet. It's on my to-do list. Suggestions still welcomed and encouraged.

P1014367.jpg

P1014372.jpg

P1014371.jpg

P1014370.jpg

P1014373.jpg

P1014374.jpg

...personally I think dirt should be heavier on the calves...also stuck in cracks and crevices of the armor...

...as I said before you are going an amazing job :cheers

Very cool.(y)
I've always prefered them dirty'd up...lower-maintainance that way!

Scored this little gem from Slavefive.(y) Good and dirty, just like I like it. I'm putting some electronics in the radio box this weekend.( I have the black top cap. I just need to reattach it).

P1014394.jpg

P1014396.jpg

Looking good! I was wondering about converting my TK as well, but I guess I'll wait until it's getting a bit more worn and scratchy. ;)

Love the pack, it's beautiful!

Got it on put on for the 1st time today.

P1014464.jpg

P1014476.jpg

P1014466.jpg

P1014493.jpg

Those of you who have the "Making of Star Wars" book know what picture this is. :lol:lol::lol:lol::lol:lol:

P1014489.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back