Mojo Paints Some FP v.3 Armor

ShocKNurse

Active Hunter
So I came across this thread once upon a time where Mojo (Gav) mentions that some FP v.3 armor will be available soon. Quite a teaser right! :eek: That got the ball rolling. I PMed him a few times and he put me in touch with our own Darth Paul, who was selling his FP armor. :( Not sure of the circumstances, but I wish Paul the best and hope to see him back in the game soon! (y)

Paul was gracious enough to ship the armor to Gav and from there we start the WIP thread. I asked Gav to paint me up some RotJ armor. I love the MoM exhibit pics and I'm having Gav recreate that feel with my armor. Thanks out to BM for shipping the chest and shoulder decals directly to Gav.

I just want to also say that the whole process with these guys has been nothing short of AWESOME!!! :cheers Both Paul and Gav have been stellar in the communication and are quite possibly the nicest guys in the entire UK! You guys are the reason that this board is what it is. Cheers!!!

AND NOW ON WITH THE PICS..... Mojo...if you will...

Last edited by a moderator:
Look forward to reading this thread, now where is the subscribe button.......

Here is a little taste of what you can expect
DSC00750.jpg

Erm...
how do I follow that intro..:lol:

Ok, I have in my possession some awesome FP V3 armour as a blank canvas (guys ya gotta get this when you can).
This was an unfortunate sale by my friend Paul (Darth Paul) sorry for the sale bruv.. :(

But needless to say it has gone to a good home 'Mike' and has asked me to paint it up ROTJ MoM stylie.

I have some pics to post but they are of the partial trimmed armour from what we have all seen before (primed). also my flippin digital camera has decided to act like a woman.. and not play game! :cry
Will post what I have (phone pics)... :eek:

Photo0102.jpg

Photo0103.jpg

Photo0107.jpg

Oh man ultraviolet primer, that's awesome! :lol: I'm waiting your progress pics :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... risen from the dead... :lol:
As you can tell I am not pumping this out at breakneck speed but Mike is pleased as I also have a 'couple' of other projects on the go.
Made some more progress on this, all parts are trimmed / primed and now coated in a mix of chrome & Aluminium.
I'll be hitting the shoulders and knees first with the masking fluid and then the next stage of paints...
Stay tuned... :D

100_0596post.jpg

100_0597B.jpg

100_0598B.jpg

100_0599B.jpg

Gav me old mucker, at it again with the FP V3, I am boxing mine up as we speak to send to you! Actually you are getting a parcel from me tomorrow but thats another story, looking great buddy cant wait to follow this (y)

Gav me old mucker, at it again with the FP V3, I am boxing mine up as we speak to send to you! Actually you are getting a parcel from me tomorrow but thats another story, looking great buddy cant wait to follow this (y)

Yeah well, you know me... :lol:
Ooh 2 boxes huh? 1st one I cannot wait for, 2nd I'll send you a PM. ;)

Both Paul and Gav have been stellar in the communication and are quite possibly the nicest guys in the entire UK! You guys are the reason that this board is what it is. Cheers!!!

We love you too man!!! :D

Look how that armour's coming on...
Awesome job so far Gav!! No surprise there though!!! :cheers

I think I'm suffering seller's regret!!! :cry

And no, I'm not out of the game, just having a change of direction!!

I'll be BACK!
:wacko

Cheers for the comps guys...

Update - Well masking has been done, and zinc applied to the armour BUT I ran out of the bleeding stuff! :( Have ordered more should be here within 48hrs...
Shoulders have base coat and working on top coats and scuffs, knees have had their top yellow applied and now gonna work on the scuffs and misting to bring them together before the revealing...

masking.jpg

masking 2.jpg

masking 3.jpg

shoulder 1.jpg

zinc 1.jpg

zinc 2.jpg

zinc 3.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back