Rangefinder Circuits- Round 2

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
I ordered up some more parts, so I will once again offer up rangefinder boards. I will start out with 2 runs of 5 each. The circuits are the same as before, except I have gone back to the red colored/red light LED's instead of the pinkish color/red LED's.

I will offer 2 versions-

Self contained unit- Contains onboard battery source, drop in and go-
$52 shipped in continental US
$55 shipped to Canada
$60 shipped to rest of the world

External 9V unit- comes with wires you run down your hollow stalk, you supply and wire an external 9V battery-
$40 shipped in continental US
$43 shipped to Canada
$48 shipped to rest of the world

Some pics and video. The circuit turns on automatically when your rangefinder is down, and turns off when it is up. Measurements are about 1 1/8in by 1 1/8in. I am not sure all of what make toppers it will fit. I do know it will fit the hollow DP toppers. After some discussion with FP, they should fit his newer toppers. His older ones need some modification.

Please indicate which version board you want. I will PM payment info to the first 10 to sign up. I don't want to take payment beyond the first run until it is complete.

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2110.gif

th_MVI_2212.jpg

Run 1
1. TK172- self contained
2. DarthFett_79- self contained, paid, completed, shipped 12/6
3. Matrix- 9V, paid, completed, shipped 12/6
4. Timmer- self contained, paid, completed, shipped 12/20
5. tk1450- self contained, paid, completed, shipped 12/20

Run 2
1. Madrid Boba- paid, completed, shipped 1/3
2. shunned- paid, completed, shipped 1/3
3. Grimlock2d- self contained, paid, completed, shipped 1/9
4. Sparky Ern- self contained, paid, completed, shipped 1/20

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man could you show me on the pic which one you were saying that might need adjusting brother?

BTW These are the coolest thing. I love mine!

Hey man could you show me on the pic which one you were saying that might need adjusting brother?

BTW These are the coolest thing. I love mine!

Hey bro, was going to shoot you a PM to let you know I haven't forgotten. Got a sick kid so I am home with dial up, instead of work, where I normally do my image loading, etc. I will get that pic for you tomorrow.:cheers

I am happy to see that you are offering these up again, I was unable to get on board with the last run. I am interested in the self contained version with shipping within the US.

BTW...I have FP's latest helmet and topper...you are pretty sure that your board will fit his design?

THX for this second opportunity ;)

Cheers!

Will the external soruce ones run on a 12v supply or will the circuit get fried? As I will be running 12v in the helmet

And do you know if these wil fit Bobamakers delux topper?

These things look awesome, I do have one critique though. in the video, it seems that the top red LEDs blink too fast. is there any way to slow it down a tad?

These things look awesome, I do have one critique though. in the video, it seems that the top red LEDs blink too fast. is there any way to slow it down a tad?

I could slow it down a tad. Its all about resistor and capacitor values I use. In fact I played around with many values. In the end I tried my best to match the sequence provided by Brak's, which is supposed to be closest to accurate that is known-

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/bbt/rf_display.htm

Watching them side by side, it appears mine might be a tad fast, but I think that may be one of the older values I was using and have since slowed it a tad. I should do a new video. Didn't realize anyone was watching that close;)

I'd be interested in the on-board battery version if you're still taking orders. There are two spots left on your list for that version as of my reply today.

Thanks very much.

Tim

How long will the self contained unit batteries last mate:confused

Would these run on 12v:confused

Cheers

They would not run on 12v as they are. Let me look into it, I could probably modify them to run on 12v. Not sure about the battery life, I haven't killed one yet. Perhaps one of my past customers, who has used it a bit can chime in.

Hi Nic, PP sent 10/9.

I goofed and put Tim instead of "Timmer", but it's me just the same. I PM'd you as well.

Thanks,

Tim / Timmer

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back