Jango Glove Interest?

AK Edge

Hunter
These little buggers have been a problem for 4 years, as far as I can tell. I've been looking for a reliable solution for at least 3 of those years now, and have finally stumbled upon a local glove maker here in AK who might be willing to do it. My question is:

EDIT!!

Ok, here's a list so far of people interested in the Screen Accurate gloves.

UPDATED LIST 3-14-09

1. TC-2917, Size 9
2.C1RCA, Size 7
3. ScottyK, Size 9 (Large?)
4. FallenJedi, Size 9
5. Silverspyder, Size 9
6. Boba Leo (Pending Price)
7. bobafett669 (pending price)
8. postmortem (4 pairs, pending price)
9. Nyx Mandalore, 9 or 10 (pending price)
10. Lefty Jedi, 8 (pending price)
11. laar0406, 8 or 9 (pending price, accuracy)
12. OPPI, 9
13. CaptJono, (pending price)
14. jangofett29, (pending price)
15. Galactic Bounty Hunter (Pending price)
16. Trooper (Pending Price)
17. Fett Officer, 8 (Pending Price)
18. TB 750 (Pending price 2 pairs)
19. Askywalker98
20. vaovet
21. stickmonkey
22. gee2
23. Bubbakenobi
24. vaovet

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes, I would be interestd !

Hopefully something that will extend 2-3 inches past the wrist to tuck into gauntlets.

IF somebody would do Jango gloves that are the right color, material/sheen, accurate stitching and details/construction - personally - I would be willing to pay much, much more than $50. Gotta get all the details right though... I haven't really looked at the glove-reference all that closely, but it seems that the upper hand is slightly padded... there also seems to be padding around the base of each finger... hard to explain... but there definitely is a certain, very specific look to the real Jango gloves.... getting the color right would be another challenge... I currently have the Nordstrom gloves on my Jango display... and they are starting to look too greenish to me...

As of right now, I have only asked about the color match. They're currently researching their supplier for dye. As for matching padding and stuff, I'll have to take a look at my reference CD again, and supply them with some more pictures. I'm thinking that having two levels of gloves would be good. One that is just a plain leather glove that matches color, and one that's very screen accurate, with the stitching and all. Reason being, they say they can do the color match (depending on dye availability) for relatively cheap (around 50 bucks). And for the padding//stitching, etc. It would be closer to 150-200. I personally would be going with the more accurate ones, but I'm sure some of those Jangos just starting would prefer saving a bit of money to use on a more accurate piece of armor that is more noticable. Bucket...gauntlets, etc :p

[AK]Edge;384843 said:
And for the padding//stitching, etc. It would be closer to 150-200. I personally would be going with the more accurate ones, but I'm sure some of those Jangos just starting would prefer saving a bit of money to use on a more accurate piece of armor that is more noticable. Bucket...gauntlets, etc :p

**I would gladly pay $150-$200 for a pair of super-accurate Jango gloves. Matching the color will be a challenge... different lighting seems to make the color of the gloves shift quite a bit in photographs... would be great to get a Pantone match from somebody who went to one of the exhibits... and had a chance to see the color of the real gloves first-hand...

**As far as the padding and that extra stitching on the top of the hand... it almost looks like there is a fingerless tactical glove inside the blue leather glove shell... or something along those lines...

**I also wonder if those gloves shown on page 6 of the AOTC Visual Dictionary [captioned: Mesh Gloves] are actually Jango's gloves? They are blue and they are the right length?

UPDATE

Glove maker has reference pics from the CD and is in the process of getting me a price quote, based on the custom color and custom stitching. He says he is willing to make them to match as close as physically possible due to the volume we want; Stitching//padding//color//cut// and leather "pattern".

Next step is...what size is everyone? We need to get an idea of how much fabric we're going to need, and it's possible that someone who is a size 13 hand will have to pay more than a size 6 :p.

Please post here with the glove size of your larger hand. I will update the first post with a list of those who want in (Pending price, obviously) and their size. As of right now I'm only taking interest for the "Deluxe" model, screen accurate stitching/padding ones. If he will do just color match will be decided at a later date.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back