Got an A in my algebra class! :)

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Hi guys,
Probably not a huge deal for a lot of you, but math and I have never gotten along. . . ever.
I've recently restarted my pursuit of a degree through Embry Riddle University and finally quit stalling and took algebra/trig this term.
The term ended on Nov 6th and I just found out I got an A! That's the first A I've ever gotten in a math class. :D

Like I said, no big deal, but I'm pretty pleased with myself this week. :cheers

Congrats man! My weakest class is math, but I seem to be doing great in my 300 class this semester. Im just glad its the last math I will have to take.

People dislike me, because I am extremely good at math, having gone through both AP calc classes in high school...and never stressing about anything math related. Anything from calculating area and volume on the spot or calculating the tip in my head while everyone else is on their cell phones....

This led people to believe I was smart, when in reality I am only good at Math and English and maybe some other subjects with both of those...like chemistry or physics.

Anything else I never get better than a B. My GPA my first semesters in college was only 3.0 simply because my English grades held up my other courses and balanced them out....i didn't have to take any math either having tested out of it so I couldn't let that float me either.

SO i understand your pain having trouble in a subject, and I'm glad you're doing so well.

Keep it up.

Well done and a many congratulations to ye (y):cheers
Not a friend of math stuff either, I'm hoping I need to do anything maths
related when I start college.

Keep up the hard work (y)

yeah well... a few years ago... everything was all good you know... some ceratopsians eating from lush ferns and some flowers started to show their first glance...

and then someone had to come up with maths...

that's just insane... good job mate!!! I can relate to the number problem... who invented those anyway... argh... seriously, we could have done with C*PO and R*-D*, who knows the difference?!

Great job!! I finished my degree 4 years ago at the age of 33 and had to hire my 16 year old cousin to tutor my stupid donkey through 2 algebra classes so I could graduate.:facepalm

Congratulations on overcoming your fear of math. It wasn't easy, but I hope you will continue in your studies.

There are only three things you need to do to pass math:

1. Do your homework

2. Do your homework

3. Do your homework

No BIG DEAL????

Brother, I have two BA's and a Masters. I had to get BS degrees so that I could avoid the classes you just aced!!! YOu are the man brother! Which program are you doing?

CONGRATS
12.gif

Thanks, all. Like I said, it's a minor victory, but I'll take it. :D

Boomer, I'm going for a degree in Professional Aeronautics. It's sort of a management degree with an emphasis on aviation related subjects.

Congrats Eric!! as an Aerospace Machinist, i use math all and everyday in what i do. I used to hate it too until I bought a calculator :lol:

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back