boba fett out of sarlacc helmet and armor???

Codika

Hunter
i was wondering if anyone has done this before,makeing Boba's armor after he got out of the sarlacc.

i know for sure the helmet survived but the armor was pretty banged up from what i read(lots of holes) but i was thinking of starting this project(thou i still have 2 others but hey im 17 i have the time)

if anyone has any info or input that could help,itd be greatly appreciated thanks!!

Cod'ika

definatly a good one vod.

i was actually thinking of painting it ROTJ and maybe applying a paint thinner or a paint eating subsatance to kinda erode it a way abit,idk yet still thinking but i definatly wanna try this

**** thats gonna be tought to beat or even be close too....looks great tho...hmmm this is going to take a lot of work.....

aw man and i thought i had an original idea =P lol jpjp

im starting to get ideas from all this,doesnt acid bleach or something im not sure does anyone know?

I am afraid that don't understand the question. Are you asking if acid bleaches? Guess it depends on the type of acid. There are a lot of other things that will bleach and are less destructive...

lol sorry,yes i was asking if acid bleaches,i wasthinking of maybe makeing the armor look eroded and acid-eaten but also kind of bleached as well

I had that one in my subscriptions so I could keep an eye on the progress. Looks like ther'll be another one to add now. ;) :lol:

Well, bleach itself is a base, so... no, it's not an acid. I can't think of any acids that bleach colors out, because that's not what acids are specifically good at... I dunno. Ask your local chemist? :D

Also, are you planning to just lay around on convention floors until someone dressed as Dengar comes to move you? Just kidding... but really, Fett didn't wear the armor after he got out... he had a spare set stashed away.

look up pictures of acid damage and use that as a template for weathering effects.

i would actually use prosthetics sewn into the soft parts, maybe a patchy vest with burn marks all over the place and raw flesh showing through...

if it eats through armor it will eat through fabric....

I can understand a little of bang up in the sarlacc, weather it be a violent throught cavity or whatever, but didn't the movies say "slowly digested over a thousand years?"

i would think there would be lots of sitting in the stomach before anything too crazy would happy.

plus, i woudln't think think his jet pack would stop working or flamethrower would kick out, not for a lengthy time at least.

look at how much beating jango took in episode 2, and his stuff still worked.

although I thought i read once the reason his head got slided off was because his jet pack wouldn't take off.

i dunno.

this could be a cool project either way

First, I would use a plastic armor rather than fiber glass and use a heat gun or similar to warp the armor a little or maybe heat up some metal and actually melt a few oddly shaped holes in it. For painting I would use slightly lighter/washed out looking colors than those recommended for ROTJ, and I would also maybe mix types of paints to get the horrible crackled look that nobody normally wants to see and then clear coat it. You'll definately want to go with some prostetics, maybe even a full charred hand or at least a couple of fingers. You'll also probably want to replicate the damaged jet pack.

I think this could be a very cool project if it's done right. Good luck!

thanks guys im definatly panning this out,ill try and hit up a costume shop shop for some of these things.

i agrre with you Combatbaby there will definatly be some burning of the fabric,the book said he could feel sand against his bloody back so something got through.

awsome idea Never_Ending_fett, i originally planed on using trashcan armor and im probably still gonna go that route but im definatly gonna take those painting tips of yours thanks a lot!!!!

as i mentioned earlier Fett could feel that sand on his back,so could that mean he lost the jet pack?

this is an extract from tales of the bounty hunters when dengar found boba fett near the sarlaac pit (author dave wolverton
'on the edge of the pit was a dead man, naked, his flesh burned and bruised, as if he'd been placed alive in acid. dengar turned the corpse over with a foot, to have a look at it's face.
the man was burned, covered with boils. dengar had never seen the pitiful fellow before.
"help" the man whispered. dengar was astonished to find him alive.'

sounds pretty hard to pull off:lol:lol:

this is an extract from tales of the bounty hunters when dengar found boba fett near the sarlaac pit (author dave wolverton
'on the edge of the pit was a dead man, naked, his flesh burned and bruised, as if he'd been placed alive in acid. dengar turned the corpse over with a foot, to have a look at it's face.
the man was burned, covered with boils. dengar had never seen the pitiful fellow before.
"help" the man whispered. dengar was astonished to find him alive.'

sounds pretty hard to pull off:lol:lol:

Sounds easy in the helmet and amour part since Dengar found him naked.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back