TDH Marines (Nov. 10th / 11th)

Gene? Are you serious ?? :lol:

I've heard that before, yes :facepalm

FP

Sorry Chris, curiosity just got the best of me! :lol: Looking at your military dates, I was at Chicago MEPS in May '89 and was in Great Mistakes (Great Lakes) boot camp in July '89 and separated from active duty in Oct. '98 then joined the Naval Air Reserve (NAR). Good times...good times! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Chris, curiosity just got the best of me! :lol: Looking at your military dates, I was at Chicago MEPS in May '89 and was in Great Mistakes (Great Lakes) boot camp in July '89 and separated from active duty in Oct. '98 then joined the Naval Air Reserve (NAR). Good times...good times! :lol:

:lol: tis ok brother :D I just didn't know where you might be wanting to go with it is all :lol: I spent a little time passing through Chicago in late '91 coming back from a west pac.

Fettpride, When did you go to boot? I was at MCRD San diego June- Sept. in 1989? 2054 Golf company. Good bet we were there about the same time. Jason

:lol:

MCRD - May-August 1989 Hotel Company Plt. 2044 !! Do you remember the blaze at Camp Pen where recruits were air evac'd out of field training? I was smack dab in the middle of it :lol: PM SENT !

Happy B-day again !

FP

Air Foooooorce!!!! I did 8 years active as a C-5 Loadmaster and spent the last 12 playing in the JAG! I did do a 2 year stint in the Army Guard as a Second Lt. Then I woke up and realized that they wanted me back in Iraq after I just got married and had a kid. 8 combat tours is enough for this old man. I am just a crusty ol MSgt.

Panama 89
Gulf War part I 91
Somalia 92
Haiti 93
Rwanda 94
Croatia 95
Bosnia 96
Kosovo 99

This round in the gulf only one tour and hopfully no more. I am too old.

Air Foooooorce!!!! I did 8 years active as a C-5 Loadmaster and spent the last 12 playing in the JAG! I did do a 2 year stint in the Army Guard as a Second Lt. Then I woke up and realized that they wanted me back in Iraq after I just got married and had a kid. 7 combat tours is enough for this old man. I am just a crusty ol MSgt.

JUST a MSgt. huh :lol:

7 combat tours ! That's SERVICE brother ! :cheers

FP

My great-grandfather served in the Marines... was at Belleau Wood - which you Marines (and hopefully some others here) have heard of! And if you have a copy of the Leatherneck magazine this month... his picture is in it too! (Bottom of pg. 62, 9th from the left, bottom row) In the "Until Now" article by Mark E. Ryan about GySgt Fred W. Stockham who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.

So ... Thanks to all the veterans who have served this country over the years. And Thank You to all the service men and women who are currently serving here and abroad - especially in Iraq and Afghanistan. Thoughts and prayers with you all, today, tomorrow and always.

That's stupid youth. Now that I am wiser I know how to duck and stay low on the radar.

You still lived it man ... more than enough for 'beaucoup' respect from me brother One 'c' tour was enough for me :lol:

Hotel Co.? Small world, I was in Hotel Co. Plt 2022 at MCRD, but that was in 96.

I wiling to put money down that every one that went to MCRD remembers where their barracks was.

Very :lol: And ya know, you're probably right. It's been so long that as long as I could have 5 minutes to gander I'd probably find it :lol:

FP

:lol: tis ok brother :D I just didn't know where you might be wanting to go with it is all :lol: I spent a little time passing through Chicago in late '91 coming back from a west pac.

MCRD - May-August 1989 Hotel Company Plt. 2044 !! Do you remember the blaze at Camp Pen where recruits were air evac'd out of field training? I was smack dab in the middle of it :lol: PM SENT !

Happy B-day again !

FP
I remember being at Edson Range and it being on fire. I can't remember if it was our company that started it or if it was the group 1 week ahead of us. Everything was burnt and black when I was in the field several weeks later. :lol:

My barracks wouldnt be hard to find. It was right on the parade deck. Sucked watching everyone graduate all the time!

:lol: I remember being at Edson Range and it being on fire. I can't remember if it was our company that started it or if it was the group 1 week ahead of us. Everything was burnt and black when I was in the field several weeks later. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it was my company that did it :lol: No, it wasn't ME !! I did get a squad leader position out of the whole thing though :D

FP

My barracks wouldnt be hard to find. It was right on the parade deck. Sucked watching everyone graduate all the time!

Get on google maps and youll find it. I was right next to the chow hall off to the right if you were facing the chow hall. There was a sand pit there but looks like they added a few things where the pit was.

I was on the second deck, i would try to sleep in my top bunk watching the air craft take off from the air port. Now that sucked.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back