Gaunt hose find..

Sixxgunn13

Well-Known Hunter
Well, we all know about the hoses for gauntlets...:facepalm
Cool detail but the ones I got with my MOW set is a bit to stiff for my liking.
I've looked high and low for a hose I could buy off the shelf... no luck till now.

I my wife wanted me to replace the shower head with a new multifuction head and our old head had a hose that is similar to my gaunt hose.
so I kept it.. but in my haste I thru out the rest of it BUT My bro has the same shower head in his guest bath room.... I may have to "upgrade";) his fixture....

on to pics
Left is the stiff MOW and Right is shower head hose.

hoseoi1.jpg

....ooooh so flaccid:lol:

hose1ft1.jpg

I'll post the make/type later, for those that may want to do a search... keep in mind I think it is an old 80's make. a thrift store may have one??

Last edited by a moderator:
Being at the bottom of the world (NZ), gives me restrictions on what I can find ( I would call it a lack of variety and a lot of stuff not being imported down here:cry )...
In saying that, I've always been able to find the braided hose at my local Para Rubber store ( I think it maybe only a NZ store:confused ). And now ( just before reading this post ) I had gone out and purchased 3 meters from my local mega hardware store ( Bunnings ).....

I have to say I REALLY like the look of your flexible shower hose. I myself am not a fan of stiff hoses:angry

Anyways... to my question.

Are you able to supply a photo of the original shower also:confused. Just in case I do come across one down here I'll know it when I see it.

Hmm... that's always been a pet peeve of mine. I hate the stiff gauntlet hoses and would love to replace with something like this!

Great find! I had a troop this past Saturday in 27 degree weather. After a few minutes my hoses were so stiff I couldn't bend my arm LOL.

absolutly!! this is a great find. I actually troop without 2 of 3 hoses because of the stiffness...

You can get replacement hoses for a kitchen sink sprayer at Home Depot that look just like this and are as flexible as any hose you would use in the shower.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back