ESB correct sidearm interest topic

I would say that a Shiny regular finish would be the best IMO.... if this is going to turn out like I think it will... there won't be too much weathering on mine....I want mine nice and pretty. :D

Is it possible to have an example done for everyone to see? Might help convert some.

I understand your request bro... but if you knew the industry, I'm not gonna send 1 set of parts to get the treatment just to show what it could look like? It's just not cost effective? :facepalm

BUT, rest assured I will not proceed on the Anodizing unless it truly reflects the same colour and effect we are ALL after... (y)

And I repeat - If everyone wants - everyone benefits the cost reduction! ;)

Hey Mojo!

I have to say, this looks FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!! That being said... My opinion is that start it from a "new" look, that way people have the choice exactly how to weather it for themselves. I'm sure I speak for more than just myself here, we have a huge amount of faith in you! If you think the finish most accurately represents the "original" starting point maybe that's the way to go? So if it had that (anodized) finish, and was weathered from that point, this would be most accurate. If the finish came from the weathering, it would seem best to leave that to each person. I think cost is one thing most of us is concerned with too, so it makes sense to ONLY offer one way or the other for such purposes. I say everyone who put down and interest to buy one, vote. The most votes wins. fair, no? Democracy at its best! :lol: I would take either, but my vote is: shiny

I appreciate what your saying SF...

And ignoring the barrel tip and the end nipple (as these were as they came to me - black anodized) but the centre prong part is actually anodized and not the natural oxidization that occurs with alumium... ;)

But as I've said, I only wanted to offer you guys a real deal prop and it seems that this is not the case with some so... I will shelve the idea. (y)

If some in the thread differ... please feel free to pm me

But as I've said, I only wanted to offer you guys a real deal prop and it seems that this is not the case with some so... I will shelve the idea. (y)

You asked for our opinion so we have said our opinion, I think that a shiny one is still a "real deal prop" maybe it's not exactly the same gun that you have, but hey, it's a prop and it should looks as it is in the movies, and that's what I see:

Dibujo.JPG

So from what I can tell from the real piece next to the machined, those two parts are black, with silver in the middle. But from this picture we're all now familiar with, the whole barrel section is silver. So its a fair assumption that it was painted, or chromed to be that color. The body of the pistol was painted brown, so its not unreasonable to say the barrel wasn't also painted, even if it started mostly silver. I again say you make it however you want it made, and we'll do what we want to them :D if its a matter of reducing cost, I'd still take it shiny. Thank you again for this brilliant work!

you ROCK!!!!

I'm will wait for the pics, but as Shinobi said "make it however you want it made" I will accept it black, silver, or pink (y)

Gav, you are the master, and if you decide to go with something that is just a few dollars more, or go the other way to save a few, i think those interested in this run are going to be willing to pay a little more, or less for that matter, to get their mits on one of these bad boys (y)...i am in for however you make it, and if a few dollars extra gets spent, it is pennies compared to the whole cost of the costume so far...:)

WE? only been 3 people?

It was 5 people, but whose counting? :lol:

Mojo - you only asked the question at 10:38 and threw in the towel on the idea based on all the feedback you had received by 12:48? Why not wait until some people have come home and checked the board?

I prefer shiny and to take it from there. Like Spidey I may leave it a little more on the shiny side. That's just a personal preference though.

The work on this has been awesome and I would be happy with it either way. Having done a little diving in the past I would agree with your assessment that it was probably not a shiny aluminum on the original, but would have been more dull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one brother, I can vouch for how much work Gav has put into getting these right, he is a top guy and deserves the praise for this alongside volkerc (y)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back