ESB correct sidearm interest topic

Wow, hadn't checked this thread for a while!
Glad to hear your daughter's getting better. :)
The metal pieces look fantastic. If there's still a debate, I'd prefer a natural aluminum finish. But either way will be more than awesome!

Just had a question regarding the gun body, as I'm not familiar with anything that has to do with molding & casting: will the areas being filled with clay (I'm guessing it's clay, it could be pate for all I know!) need to be carved away to complete the gun? Is it done that way to make molding easier?

Glad all is fine with your daughter!
I´d also prefer shiny metal parts, that I can weather myself.

Thanks for offering these!

Markus

Just had a question regarding the gun body, as I'm not familiar with anything that has to do with molding & casting: will the areas being filled with clay (I'm guessing it's clay, it could be pate for all I know!) need to be carved away to complete the gun? Is it done that way to make molding easier?

Hi Eric

Iguess he filled it up with clay so that you can add an aluminium tubing/ body to the partial hollow cast later on...MUCH better than having a solid resin cast that has to be painted silver/ aluminium (y):)

Hi Eric

I guess he filled it up with clay so that you can add an Aluminium tubing/ body to the partial hollow cast later on...MUCH better than having a solid resin cast that has to be painted silver/ Aluminium (y):)

Yup! :D
Should have my sample tube soon.... (y)

Cheers Skip.. and congrats on the new born!

More teaser pics...:D
Have done loads of trigger and end cap casts to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
More to come... you can see why the split internal and external mould would be necessary?
The hilt will be solid too. ;)
Hoping to get the Ali tube (main body) tomorrow and will have a progress on that soon... (y)

My Ali tube sample turned up today (As I was out shopping) :angry so I got one of those "Sorry you were out" cards through the door...

So I'll get it on Monday morning and start the mods. (y)

Gav,

I haven't kept up with this thread for a while. So glad to hear your daughter is doing much better. I have two little ladies of my own and know what it's like for you when their in pain for any reason.

These molds are turning out great! You're doing awesome work! Can't wait to get a price so I can order one of these bad boys!!

FM

Holy CRUD! I've been away for 10 days! I'm really sorry that your daughter got sick Mojo! I have two toddlers at home, and I know how scary it can be when there's something wrong with them! I'm glad she's doing better, and I echo the sentiment that others have said. We can wait for toys! Take care of your family first! :)

Oh, and, AWESOME! :cheers looking amazing!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back