Stalk Discussion?? Dimensions??

Lucksy31

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Hey everyone,
Just had a quick question to any of the members that may have made stalks for the RF. Does anyone know it's origins?? Has there ever been a published mechanical "drawing" for it?? I did a search and browed a bit, but I did not find anything definitive. I'm currently upgrading to an aluminum one, but I've seen a bunch of shapes, sizes and lengths. Is there an agreed dimensional drawing floating around?? I did NOT see any from Alan(WOF) and didnt' come across anything concrete. I did come up with a scatch one, that would fit a BM or Sgt Fang(kina in between if anyone is interested. I'm not a metal worker at all, but did call in a favor to have this one made for me:

untitled.jpg

ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

untitled.JPG

Thanks Mojo, Got it. :cheers

But, there are a BUNCH of dimensions that are not called out if you wanted to have this made from aluminum and not cut from paper to trace. Still looking....

Folks with CNC background can chime in, but if you've drawn that shape and can provide a vector file, you can get the shape laser cut without all providing the dimensions, right?

As an aside, I only see three angles and two corner radii that aren't listed in your drawing. IIRC, GCNgamer128 might have some experience in this area.

As an aside, I only see three angles and two corner radii that aren't listed in your drawing.......

Yep, exactly. This is just my "estimate" for the (2) helmets i've owned, that kinda looks correct. I could be way off for all I know. Thanks for the info COUNT!

Hate to drag this one up but has anyone come up with definitive dimensions for the ears and stalk? All the drawings we have seem to lean towards a tapered stalk but looking at the C4 pictures the stalk seems to have a rectangular cross section. Maybe anyone who has seen these in person could shed some light for us scratchbuilders as to the dimensions of the stalk and ear pieces and come up with a set of definitive drawings in AutoCad or Solidworks for the actual screen used helmets.(y)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back