(SHOW OFF) 100% scratchbuilt Boba

Hey Guys.
I posted acouple of shots of this in another thread asking if I should take my blaster on Halloween. But I thought I should start another thread to show this costume off properly.
I'll start with the obvious, which is a BIG thanks to all those who've made this experience a pleasure, people who've done the hard work first and provided guidance, templates and advice for others to follow. I know it's all been said before and is somewhat a cliche but hey without TDH this would've been nigh on impossible.
As the title says this is all scratch built. Nothing has been purchased except the materials with which to fabricate parts and that includes the soft parts too. It's taken about six months to get this far and of course it's not done yet, much tinkering will be done over the course of the next year.
The Armour and Gauntlets were built from sintra, using the templates from WOF. The Helmet was also done this way but was then cast in Biresin G26. The paint job on the helmet was copied from the breakdown given by Terminal Fettler and although it's not of his standard I'm really pleased with my first attempt with a mix of layered and topical.
The ammo belt was inspired by 99cent Taco's posts of his workable version and that's what I went for. The pouches are constructed of sintra and covered in pvc fabric, one of which holds the battery pack for the chest lights that was modified from a bicycle rear light.
The observant ones among you will notice a Jango in some pics. :lol:This is my mate who fancied having a go at the last minute. His helmet is from the same cast as mine and his ammo belt and Westars were built by me for a Jango project that never happened. All the rest was built by him in about a month and a half.

BobJang7.jpg

BobJang5.jpg

Aww!! Father and Son together again.

Bob5.jpg

I forgot to mention that the Jet Pack is constructed from foamies using WOF templates. I didn't even notice I had it on. Light doesn't begin to describe it. :D
Bob3.jpg

A better shot to show some of the paintwork. The symbols were all hand painted.
BobJang3.jpg

BobJang4.jpg

Oh and one more point for those who want to know. The paintjob for the hard parts was rattlecans and freehand as I don't own an airbrush.\

Thanks for looking. :cheers

man, 100% scratchbuild ... I am deeply impressed, what you have done so far!

Very impressive!

The yellow on the knees and shoulders seems to be a touch to bright, but awesome work!
And the Gauntlets you built are ROTJ but you painted them ESB ...

Nice paintjob on the helmet.

Thumbs up for this!

Cheers,
Manuel

impressive ,most impressive!!! i can't believe that the rocket is foam! nice. i tried and decided to have one made from wood then cast it.

this is fantastic.

also noticed your rotj gauntlet painted esb.

no biggie, everyone knows your boba fett anyway.

we're the only ones that would ever notice.

beautifully done, great to see guys that dont spend crazy money on a suit etc... keep it up. you give me more motivation to finish my scratch build

simply stunning, very nice.. the only thing that sticks out is the beacon on the JP its kinda big. Everything else is looking real good.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.
Yeah the right gauntlet is ROTJ style but I like it better than the ESB version, just a personal choice.
The Jet Pack beacon is a tad big but it's actually the plastic top off a broom handle with a bit of epoxy putty added.
As for the colour of the knees and shoulder armour. I agree it does look a bit too bright. But getting the right colours over here is pretty much impossible so I had to go with what was avaidable.
No plans to make and sell the foamy Jet Pack, as I didn't think there'd be a market for them. I went with it because I wanted something that'd take a bit of punishment and didn't wiegh a ton. :)
Thanks again for your input

Dude, amazing!
After reading your jet pack was foamies, I had to go back to really look at it, and I still can't tell it's foam. :eek: Great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
admins please... can this guy be banned? I mean... 100% scratch build and it looks like this? he makes most of us (including me) look like total whuzzes...

man...

this is... I don't know, I' m in aw.

congrats man!!! on a job well, well, very well done!!

(y) Good work man,
In my opinion the most important thing is to be able to enjoy without bothering anybody, with the time you perfected or not your costume, so for ahead friend!!!!!!!:cheers

Leo

Brother, that is FREAKIN' AMAZING!!! Outstanding work! Congratulations on finishing up :cheers!!! And I can't believe that jet pack either :eek:! Please start a thread on exactly how in the world you did that (y)!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back