mushroomhead..help!

ime116

New Hunter
what r some suggjustions on making a mushroomhead(the band) mask i just want to see if there r some other suggtions befor i go of and papermacathx:D

Buy stuff on myspace? That's news to me, do they have classifieds or something?

No, it's more along the lines of, there are people who make masks privately, as well as people who set up little mask companies in their garages, and you can send them a myspace message espressing interest in a mask they're making. Or they use the pictures portion of myspace as a "catalog" of sorts, and they list prices. Either way, eventually you wind out paypalling the Myspace member, and hopefully they send out your product. I know a few guys on there that make replica Mushroomhead masks like the stage worn ones, and they're quite decent guys -- I would trust them with my money.

But no, no official classifieds :D

I almost forgot about this band. They rocked. I havent heard the new stuff yet.

"Savior Sorrow" is their newest CD, came out in September 2006... It was OK. They had their new vocalist, Waylon, on that CD... and J-Mann hand-picked him as his replacement, so he's darned decent at vocals. At live shows, he definitely holds his end of the stage doing vocals on older songs, too. I dunno... "Savior Sorrow" just felt a bit softer to me than their previous CDs. But it's different, and different in a good way.

They also just released their second DVD... I should try and buy that soon.

I am a humongous Mushroomhead fanboy... slightly less than Fett... can you tell? :D

I'm Pretty sure that the 'shroom head masks are leather: I'm from Des Moines, and kno the guys who used to make slipknot's masks b4 they started to go through fredriks of hollywood: Leather is thr way 2 go but i will warn u : It WILL get HOT.

man I must be getting old... :confused I never heard of them...I went to see 7 mary 3 with my daughter this summer and I mentioned that they looked so old, and she said to me... well your just as old as them...ouch.. :cry:cry:cry

I'm Pretty sure that the 'shroom head masks are leather: I'm from Des Moines, and kno the guys who used to make slipknot's masks b4 they started to go through fredriks of hollywood: Leather is thr way 2 go but i will warn u : It WILL get HOT.

They're NOT leather, masks for both Slipknot and Mushroomhead are made out of liquid latex slush casted into molds. Mushroomhead has tried to work with silicon before, but the masks came out too heavy.

I know this because I am a big fan of the band, for one, and whenever they list official masks on eBay they list what / how they are made. They have sold some prototype silicon masks before. I have also held one at the merch booth at one of their shows.

Besides, leather would be entirely impractical for what they do :p

Some links to now completed eBay auctions, for official MRH merch as listed by their eBay guy:

Stage and video worn attire; you can see the construction of the masks:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180311954251
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170271132636
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180300311195

Official "Scarecrow" MRH mask, as made by their costume designer guy; lists that it is latex and burlap in the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170272743461

Hope it helps.

back in the day (as in before they got signed) Slipknot's MAsks WERE made of leather. the same crew here in Des Moines who hosts the annual SCARECORE haunted house constructed the masks for the 'knot boyos, and they used leather. ow thait it's mentioned, latex slush would be much more comfy ungerneath those hot-sheb stage lights. but not a whole lot.

To anyone who doesnt know of Mushroomhead listen to XX its awesome especially the songs Solitaire Unraveling, 43, Before I Die... who am i kidding the whole album lol

Both "XX" (Double-X) and "XIII" (Thirteen) are great albums by them. SaVIor Sorrow was decent, but has a different (lighter?) sound to it. Uhhh... if you wanna get really nostalgic, and hear some awesomeness using illegal sampling, get their first four albums they released independently -- "Mushroomhead", "Superbuick", "M3", and "Remix". Once they got signed, they had to knock it off with the sampling of copyrighted material... but some of the things they sampled really enhance the experience.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back