ShocKNursE upgrades his Wookie scalps

ShocKNurse

Active Hunter
I thought I' share my Wookie scalp re-do with all of you. I was unable to get in on Julie's horse hair runs, so I had to be creative. Thanks out to her for her progress pics and helping me souces some artificial sinew.

I have a RotJ/SE suit and opted to try to recreate the MoM exhibit scalps.

Materials:
You'll need some blond, brown, black, and grey "hair"; some red, blue, white, and black sinew; and some leather lace.
pb020655uy2.jpg

I was able to find the blonde, black, and brown pre-braided hair;

pb020656vn8.jpg

the black and white sinew; and leather lace at Michael's. I had to buy the blue and red sinew on eBay (thanks to Julie for giving me the store name). The store name on eBay is: Primitive Originals.

I found the grey hair last Halloween as part of a wig. It was nice and long and I able to get about 3 braids from it. Now is a great time to pick some up as they are probably 50% off! (y)

The blonde/black braid is nothing more than individual blonde and black strands from the Michael's variety braided together.

You can see the individual braids attached below. I found the instructions for tying the Turkshead knot

I will secure them to my vest with a safety pin, with the closures underneath the vest. I'm sure that these may not be 100% screen accuate, but they are my vision of what they would look like. :cheers

PB020657.JPG

PB020658.JPG

PB020659.JPG

PB020660.JPG

PB020640.JPG

Oh man, thanks for this, I'd been sitting around wondering last week wondering how I would do my braids, I think I've got the answer now ^^

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back