Body Suit Zam Body Suit

Actually, I am hoping to get the federal Id number next week. Everyone thinks that 1.5 is the correct thickness. If I can forego Option#3 then I will. I will admit it's a good option, but not the best. Let's hope the other manufacturers won't give me flack. I think we will just do pre-testing for the neoprene, when I get hold of a company with our standards met. You see, pretests for the neoprene is more expensive. you need four yards of lycra fabric just to roll through the machine. There is the dying, then there is the neoprene too. I will try asking for open cell foam, it's a lot more breathable.

Do you still need donations to help contribute to the cause? I was on this board months ago seriously looking to start this outfit, but my wife and I moved out and $$ has been tough for a while, but I'm slowly looking back into this.

What donations are you asking for and will any of this be applied to when we purchase a final outfit from it? Curious.

Thanks for offering donations, but right now, it's pretty settled that we are gonna wait things out for a neoprene company that will give us exactly what we want. 1.5mm double laminated with white sh-2 nylon/lycra dyed to plum pantone 5135. Open cell foam, if possible. Once I get a neoprene company that will give us what we want, then I will be posting about a future dyeing and neoprene lamination pretest. Unfortunately, pretesting the fabric will be a separate charge from the actual 5.5-6 yards of material people will purchase. But for now, I am just waiting for the fed id to come through.

Gee, shucks, tanks.. for wishing me well on the recital. :) I should have learned the sw theme, so that I couldve played that too, darn. I could've turned all my students into jedi-younglings! hehe. The musical force is powerful :lol:

:lol:

My sister plays trumpet. She played in the High School marching and concert band and now plays for her college marching band.

Mr Fett plays drums.

I wish I had learned a musical instrument... guess it's never too late. :)

Many appologies to the powers that be for getting off topic. ;) :D

I had a friend back in TX that could play the Imperial March so good it made me think i was living the movie (even though if you think about it there isn't any sound in space) sorry thats way OT :)

getting more ot- my hubbie hooks up an mp3 player speaker to the front of his vader mask and plays the vader theme, and it's hilarious when he walks by our 501 troopers and people are wondering where the music is comming from. Then you hear his breathing. It's like having John Williams with you and you're in the movie :)

Hey all,

I have been watching your progress on the Zam suit. I am pretty impressed with the seriousness this project is evoking.

I have to agree that the MoM pics look like the fabric is backed with open cell foam.

If it is not too late, I would like to join the "fellowship". My fiancee has been requesting a Zam costume for several months.

Thanks,
Jack
Dark Trooper

Welcome aboard. I am sure haveing another person helping out will make this work faster. Lately I know I am begun to feel we are getting close to exhausting our resources.

Yeah... I donated some $$ toward the cause and I'm looking foward to getting a well made ZAM suit for my wife too. :) It'll be so worth the money.

You mean, you donated $$ to Dallas for his pics right? Cause, um... I wasn't taking donations. Should I be checking my paypal?

Welcome to the fellowship, dark trooper. By the way guys and gals, it's taking me a bit longer to get this fed id number. I don't think pretests for this suit will be available until after the holidays. I am sorry. Anyone just so happen to have one they can throw my way?

Wish I did.... :(

I'm not worried about rushing through this - if it's after the holidays... then it's after the holidays. I'd rather get it right. So relax and enjoy your holidays Zam i am...

I agree with MaulMaus.... it's not like I'm going to be able to afford it until after the holidays anyway...

So relax, and once the holidays breeze by, we'll get back into the swing of things. :)

I'll officially agree with the previous two.
Don't sweat it. Have a great holiday season and as soon as the new year arrives I want my suit :lol:

No really, whatever it takes I'm in no hurry and am willing to wait until we can get it done right.

Cal

Thanks yall. I only have time to possibly finish my greebs this year. I have two jobs and it's always really difficult during the holiday season time wise, cause both jobs are getting really demanding. THe fed Id thing is slow going too. We'll see.
Mon Cal-Yes sir! j/k Really though, thanks for yall's patience. Hopefully this will pan out and santa doesn't run me over with his sleigh so that this project WILL happen.

Good news! Yall! I have a federal ID# to work with. Thank you to the person who has helped me out! you know who you are ;) I have to keep in confidence certain things, so as to not get anyone in trouble. :) But YEH!!!! I will have to talk to some people and then try calling some of these other companies. Hopefully they are all american companies. But, we'll see.

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back