What do you think about this armor

i bought some of the first armor that was shown. if you do buy it , better have a heat gun and alot of bondo! you might as well scartch make it.
i bought the stuff before i knew about good armor.

if you can afford it ,BM armor or fett prides stuff.

ok... i get it ^_^ sorry bout that, im new you know, hehe, but for sintra i need a heat gun right ? is it expensive to it on your own ?? i mean i like the idea of fett full of dollars, but donno about how thick it will turn out, what do you recommend me Buba, what's the best way to go for a beginner!?
I bought a similar set that I ended up giving to my son after I bought a set of BradleyFett armor. It will get the job done but if you are like most of us you will end up replacing it anyways. Just spend the money right the first time. IMO:cheers

thanks boomer, guess thats th better way to go ^_^, well i think im gonna start saving right away then.. XD

let me think... better like BM or FP, right LOL i know i know, just asking newby questions, dont worry about it.... or could be that you know of another one ??? tell me tell me ^_^

i would wait and do some homework before buying,they look good in the pictures but can be dissapointing when you recieve them.

i,ve had a couple of good friends who did the same thing with starfortress costumes,bought them thinking they looked good in the pics but when they eventually got them, they we're **** i'll let you fill in the blank!!.

Well, i bought a fiberglass 4 piece chest, shoulders and collar, i'll wait on the rest for some good ol' BM armor ^_^

"Nice work"

ahahah Ivansith wants to get banned.

As far as this armor goes.... no. It's good you got something like fiberglass. Although I don't know what kind you're probably better off. While that armor on ebay resembles fett armor it could be made by you out of trashcans for $10 so why pay more on ebay for armor that is still not accurate.

Hope your fett works out for you

Also, reading through this I don't think anyone responded that you can heat up sintra in a pot of boiling water for about 10-15 seconds. Makes it very pliable - and if you use a heat gun you needs a respirator for the harmful vapours - which do no come off when you boil it.

The WOF templates work very well for all except the backplate takes extra patience due to the compound curves.

Late into this I know, but 2 cents ...

Has anyone checked out Cucblack's gauntlets??? 99.9999999 % sure that they're FG Ruffkintoys copies :angry The chest armor in his auctions are old time Bradley/Chaucer44/SFP armor (in order of original maker, to recaster, to recaster) :lol: Be careful of these eBay folk.

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I made my son's armor out of sintra and found it very easy to work with. I just found some objects that I could shape it around after I heated and it worked like a charm. Even the backplate turned out nice. Cheap, easy to redo if you mess up and better than most eBay armor you'll find. If you can't find or afford the BM, FP, MLC stuff, then I would recommend the sintra route (or trashcan if you want to save even more money).

Anyway, seems like you have a set now. Good luck with the build.

Late into this I know, but 2 cents ...

Has anyone checked out Cucblack's gauntlets??? 99.9999999 % sure that they're FG Ruffkintoys copies :angry The chest armor in his auctions are old time Bradley/Chaucer44/SFP armor (in order of original maker, to recaster, to recaster) :lol: Be careful of these eBay folk.

FP

So is Cucblack on (Ebay) a recaster too ??
hmmm...when i started looking for armour i had made an order with Cucblack ,however i never got my armour from him after he tried to screw me over with no armour and no refund till later i filed on him and left him a negative hahaha :lol: his only come back was saying i was unpolite and aggressive ..well wotever Cucblack !! Cucblack was rude and aggressive by telling me not to bother him in private emails ,too bad really i should have posted them on ebay :D

Hi there,

I'm Christian or cucblack.

I just to tell you that I not copied or used any other person's products, these are all my own work.

Any sugestion or coment about my work, welcome.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back