Boba Boot Discussion

Bubba Fett

Well-Known Hunter
This may have been covered before, in which case this will be a really short discussion.

Does anyone know if Boba's boots were custom made? The reason that I bring it up is that I was looking at scuba gear (buckles and spear guns parts) and came across some diving boots that looked similar. Now, they were not exactly the same, but I have not seen a lot of boots from the late 70's yet. Some of them have the same white soles though and the multicolored striping. The material looks remarkably similar as well. Perhaps they bought several scuba pieces for his costume?

Any thoughts? Or has this been gone over before?

scubaboot2.jpg

scubaboot3.jpg

scubaboot4.jpg

scubaboot1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, that is really interesting. I can really see the Boba boot shape in there. Perhaps if the originals were custom made, a pair of these boots could have been used as the base.

Ah yep, thought someone might have gone down that path before. Berman and Nathan boots eh? Makes sense since that's where they got a lot of the Indy clothes. Anyone have a shot of those original boots?

Somewhere, a long time ago, us old-timers were told they were a 'mining boot' from Australia. They even had a picture from a supply catalog that seemed to confirm it. I haven't seen anything since.

I saved these pics quite some time ago they are supposedly deep sea divers boots (weighted) from the mid 40's. Notice the squared off tip of the boots. I've never been able to ascertain whether or not the canvas mess is just a covering or if its all the actual boot itself. Now if you can imagine the evolution of these boots up through some time in let's say...the 70's...

PS. I think the second picture is the most interesting for shape similarities...

boots3.jpg

boots2.jpg

boots1.jpg

i found these boots on ebay for $20. i filled the space between the heel and front with rubber silicone and spray painted them. not finnished yet. but i cannot afford 140 bucks for caboots.

007-3.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back