Helmet, armour, should they match

Gra30

Hunter
Hi all,

I am sorry if this sounds a strange question and iIhave spent hours on this site looking for the answer.

My question is are the main colours of the helmet and armour supposed to be the same.

Now I know there is debate over the specific colours and I have decided on going with a particular brand (available to me in uk) and I know the colours I wish to use. i don't need a specific breakdown of colours.

All the threads seem to either be for armour or helmet.

Are they (depending on the colour I choose to use) supposed to match.

I am going for either all ROTJ or a ESB lid with ROTJ suit.

Specifically I am asking if the armour or lid should be lighter, darker, greener depending on the choice I am doing.

Then I can source all my colours and do the helmet and armour together.

Hope that makes sense and thanks for your help.

Best wishes

graham

My question is are the main colours of the helmet and armour supposed to be the same.

Short answer is "no".

Are they (depending on the colour I choose to use) supposed to match.

Again, the short answer is "no". The armor is generally accepted as a primary base of US Medium Green (Testors/Model Master). Correct me if I'm wrong, but the main dome and lower cheek color of the lid is Panzer Olive Green.

I am going for either all ROTJ or a ESB lid with ROTJ suit.

So RotJ or Special Edition (SE).

Specifically I am asking if the armour or lid should be lighter, darker, greener depending on the choice I am doing.

I would say this is hard to answer because we don't know what brand of paint you are using. I would suggest using the Rogue Studios list. Some or most of those may be available in the UK.

Many thansk for the information.
Now i know they should be different in tone.
yes SE if I go that way.
I should have explained that I meant was the armour specifically darker, lighter or greener than the tone of the helmet, not compared to a specific make or colour.
Again thanks
Graham

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back