Newbie in New Orleans

nola

New Hunter
Hello all,

I am(obviously) a newbie, and have just begun work on my very first Boba Fett costume ever. Not for myself, mind you.....but for my six year old daughter!

I've been making costumes as long as I remember, and have always been a Star Wars fan, but only recently have I put the two together and begun making SW costumes. I also do historical costumes, Renaissance, gothic, steampunk, whatever. When it comes to costuming, most of the fun for me is in the creation of each outfit. :)

My daughter is the one who really got me into making and wearing Star Wars costumes. We started with Jedi outfits, and I joined the Rebel Legion. We have just begun trooping with the local RL and 501st groups, and are having a great time.

But, what my little one REALLY wants is her very own Boba Fett armor, and not Halloween quality junk, either. (Big yay for her! I may dress like a Jedi, but truth be told...I read Karen Traviss and have a mythosaur skull decal on my truck.) ;)

Anyhow, research has caused me to stumble upon the "trash can armor", so I ran off to Wally World and bought some cans. Since I didn't feel like messing with sintra, I was quite pleased to hear of this method. I just finished cutting out the pieces, and it is working out nicely.....I certainly won't have the armor ready in time for Halloween, but she will be able to troop in it soon enough.

So, as soon as I get started painting and weathering, I suppose I should take a couple of pics to post...she is about a boy's size 4, so she may be the smallest Fett ever....:)

("Nola" actually stands for New Orleans, LouisianA, BTW.....and I'm proud to call it home!)

Laissez les bon temps roullez!!!

Not sure I spelled it right, but I've enough Cajun in my blood to know the phrase. I grew up in TX and LA (Shreveport, to be specific) and ventured down to Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and Nola from time to time. Welcome aboard and please do share progress pics as you go along!

I used to live in NOLA!!!
Corner of Dauphine and Barracks. Right across the street from the Circle K, and neighbor to the infamous Clay Shaw(supposed conspirator in the assassination of JFK).

Man I miss that town.

Thanks for the welcome!

Every time I leave, I miss this town....warts and all. I'm always bumping into people who say things like "Ooooh, New Orleans.....how can you stand to live in such a place?" And I always wonder how anyone else can stand not to live here. :D

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back