Paintball Helmet

ragamuffin 1616

New Hunter
Hey all.

I'm sure this had been addressed before, but I can't find it on here. I'm thinking about turning a rubies boba fett helmet into a paintball helmet. Now I know that rubies are not the best for costuming, but I wanted to know what everyone thought about using one for paintball.

My idea is to pad it so that it fits snuggly, and hopfully not hurt as much if I get nailed in the head, and replace the plastic lens with a piece of a welders visor like most people have done on here.

Let me know what you all think.

I would not paintball in one. The fett helmet wasn't designed well for any kind of combat what with the atrocious visibility and all. It would probably heat up pretty quick too

If you had intentions of doing a paintball Mando helmet, I would recomend buying an actualy paintball helmet, and securing a cut up rubies OVER that. Beleive me, I've been a paintballer for sometime, and EVRY person who thinks they can make a mask or something themselves ends up needing a real mask, or whatever most of the time AFTER they get gogged...

So my recommendations to you? DONT ATTEMPT MAKING A PAINTBALL MASK OUT OF A RUBIES. Instead, add on to an existing, good mask. You may even consider using a JT Headsheild full head helmet. It would be alot easier to secure the dome to,etc. The dome part of it may be to long though....Well, if anything, if your going to repaint the rubies, mabey you can repaint the top of the JT Head Sheil and just add the other parts of the rubies to it.

I'd just hate to hear ya got hurt mate. :)

The ONLY time I'd ever consider using a mando helmet for paintball would be only if it was cast in the new hyperfirm that they have been using for their masterchief costume, and that's the ONLY material I can trust enough to protect my head with.

Thanks everyone for the input. I thought it was probably a bad idea considering the quality. But at the same time I thought it'd be awesome.

Thanks again!

Yeah, nice idea but not safe. I used to own a field, and wouldn't allow anyone on the field without a proper set of goggles. But yeah, paintballing in a Fett helmet would be sweet, if it provided the proper protection.

There isn't enough airflow in the helmet itself, just go run around the block once or twice to see the thing fog up. Also, just gluing a welding shield on the inside wont be enough to take a shot at 280fps. I have often thought of making a mando out of a paintball helmet, but the problem lies in the fact that paintball masks have to be somewhat flexible, as they have to spread the hydrostatic pressure of a paintball throughout the helmet, so as to not injure the participant! It would look pretty cool and intimidating though!!

Raggamuff,
I use to play speedball, to make a long story short.... If you want to lose an eye, go a head.:facepalm

There is a reason they sell masks/lenses that are MADE to withstand the impact of a paintball.

Awesome is one thing but playing smart is better!

plus If I saw you on a paintball field with fett helmet... I'd think geek.:D
and you'd be an EASY target.

I already did it.... I used a motorcycle visor and padded the inside. Using one of the helmet cooling kits on ebay along with inner fittings of a us military helmet it is now a great fit and with some minor mods to the visor it now has a true t-slit visor. Its been tested at 10 ft (i did not have it on at the time) no leaks or cracks and in game play it works great (been hit 5 times deadpan in the visor) with the paintball armor I made. Padding version of Mando'ad Beskar'gam.

ive done it too, but airsofting. but i wore Wily-x's on the inside (full seal anzi rated)

the helmet got real messed up though. but didnt break. a few holes...

I built one as well (with polycarbonate visor) out of a DP mask, but to be safe, tested it OFF of my head first. the first shot to the forehead area from 20 feet went right through the dome, splattering paint all on the inside! not recommended, unless built from scratch out of better materials.
I am going to try and work with a fiberglass Clone Scout Trooper (green camo) helmet as my next paintball helmet, using real JT goggles on the outside.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back