Test paint for Supertrooper Blaster Barrel

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Got in a mostly accurate supertrooper blaster barrel today thanks to MandalorFett and thought I would give it a quick test paint. Pretty happy with the way it turned out... Now I just need the whole rest of the gun...

supertrooper_graflex.jpg

Hey Art, do you want me to mail you a CD of my high res pics of the blaster I took? I know I mailed them to Alex, did he forward them on to you?

The stabilizer is not the right model, a screw needs to be replaced, and the weathering isn't a perfect match, but I think it has a similar feel to the original.

supertrooper_graflex2.jpg

Hey Art, do you want me to mail you a CD of my high res pics of the blaster I took? I know I mailed them to Alex, did he forward them on to you?

Hope you don't mind Andy..:facepalm

The stabilizer is not the right model, a screw needs to be replaced, and the weathering isn't a perfect match, but I think it has a similar feel to the original.

and that Looks Great Art!!.. looks right to me.(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks so cool, especially test fitting the stabilizer in the front. You're the only person I know of so far with the correct tube for this blaster. (y)

Thanks to you!

When I do this again, I think I will take a rough scotch brite pad to the flash tube first to give the surface just a bit of catch. The metal surface is so smooth right now that the paint comes off just a bit too easily.

Hope you don't mind Andy..:facepalm
I don't mind, I figured Art would get his hands on all of the pics at some point! They are also publicly hosted on my Photobucket site.

Thanks to you!

When I do this again, I think I will take a rough scotch brite pad to the flash tube first to give the surface just a bit of catch. The metal surface is so smooth right now that the paint comes off just a bit too easily.
There was also silver metallic tape at the bottom of the barrel on the underside. Just like the junk that people wrap the thermal detonators of their FX stormtrooper kits.

Well, I got just a little closer to my goal today. Found a Graflex with a mostly correct spring switch... It isn't perfect and the graflex itself is a little roughed up, but overall... getting there...

graflex.jpg

Well... 5 Graflexes later... I think I am close to done... I have had the absolute WORST luck with getting exactly the right model Graflex... but this one turned out pretty nice. Unlike the original test painting in the first post, I have left this one freshly painted as the photos of the Supertrooper with the autoblaster show the barrel to be relatively unweathered.

albino-fett_auto-blaster-barrel.png

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back