New Mando'ade

Durak Mandalo

New Hunter
Hi Im Dustin and I am relatively new to the site, and to the whole idea. I have had the thought about making some beskar'gam for a while, and would love to have mine complete (well at least the basics taken care of) in roughly 3 years. I have already begun working on my buy'ce and my Verpine Shatter Pistol (which will be my main weap.) and am considering looking into the nerf's for some side arms.
I am basing the entire notion of my beskar'gam off my character on a SW Forum based RPG.

I am using a Lacrosse Helmet to make my buy'ce so I would like to know if anyone else has tried this, or if they can think of some reasonable way to make it applicable.

For my VSP I am using my old Spyder paintball gun, I took out all the CO2 hoses and the hopper connector to make it look less like a PB Gun and make it inoperable. Now I need to make some modifications to it or else I will look like I am packing a real weapon to the untrained eye. Maybe Sintra moldings to go over the sides and such, so I need some help with ideas on that.

Which brings me to sintra what is it, where can I find it, and roughly how much does it cost?

Here is my VSP with the barrel:
VSP4.jpg

Without the barrel:
VSP3.jpg

To give you all a rough idea as to how it looks. I would like to add a scope to it and think I might have one laying about that I can custom rig a connector piece to the bottom of to have it more easily attached to the VSP.

As to my buy'ce like I said I used a Lacrosse "Stryke" helmet so I have NO room inside the helmet to add gadgets, so the only way I see that coming about is taking a sawzall to it and cutting out slots to insert the gadgetry into and adding sintra over and repainting the add ons.

Buy'ce Stock:
Buyce1.jpg

Buy'ce after paint with the T-Visor "cut" area taped out:
Buyce4.jpg

Another angle of the Buy'ce:
Buyce2.jpg

I used a bicycle helmet for the dome area and used WOF's Templates to build face/side area. I cut the sides of the bicycle helmet w/ a dremel then sanded it down to where it was straight across. I was going to use one of my old hockey helmets to make another scratch helmet using the same idea.

Mando'ade

"Mando'ade, it what the astronauts drink."

:lol: :p Sorry, I can't help myself sometimes! ;)

I can't wait to see your Spyder modified up, speaking of which, were you able to find anywhere that sells sintra? I purchase mine at www.usplastics.com considering there aren't any stores who sell it localy. :)

Not yet, i haven't really started looking for sintra I am on a tight budget so I am going to try and hold onto my money. I might use a "For Sale" sign or something to that nature.

My spyder is looking decent, Friday I will be getting more paint for it, and I might start working on a bracket to mount a scope on the top.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back