Need to vent, angry at the post office

Dark Jedi

Active Hunter
So here is the story. I spent most of the summer trying various ideas for halloween with no success, but then when The force Unleashed came out last month I got pasionate about building a Starkiller (training gear version) not only for Halloween but also as an attept to get into the 501 once the character becomes accepted. So in an attept to have a costume ready by Halloween I started working late into the night about 5 nights a week to make my armor, experiment with dyes and fabrics, sewing, painting, weathering, wiring, and everything to make the costume stand out as all the other ones I have done in years past.

At the end of September I had everything I needed to do for the costume layed out and the list of places I needed to get materials from. Long story short the only items I could not find locally were the belts, belt clips, and lightsaber. So to be ready on time I ordered my belts from a leather supplyer recommended by the Flagship Eclipse on sept 30th.

So around the 15th when they still didnt show up I gave the company a call to point out my lack of belts and the manager said he was going to run a trace and let me know what was going on. After 4 days of not hearing anything I gave the company a call and they said they would ship a replacement via courier this time, and shortly after the cuorier service sent me the tracking information and tracking number. So I was confident I could work on them this weekend. One small problem though. Now the Courier dosent know where they are! apparently they have no record of the package being scaned after arriving there and now they "oppend a case on it". So now I have no idea where my belts are.

Additionally injury to insult, I ordered clips last week ( I was waiting to see my belts first before I ordered) and they shipped them via priority mail. The tracking number they gave me indicates the package arrived at the chicago terminal on Wed (2 hours from my local post office) and have not recieved any other information as to where they are.

I am really annoyed because I do not have a back up costume, and I spent a lot of time on this one. Granted I can still use it for 501 but now I have 3 halloween partys this week and no costume. To top that off the post office lost my voter card in the mail. I am just fustrated because I made so much progress and now the mail is going to ruin halloween for me.

I'm sorry mate! That sucks! Truth is I'm waiting for items to come in this week which will make or break my Jango costume as well. I thought I ordered everything in time but have to admit that once Sept. 1st rolls around you can add weeks to any projected delivery date because of the time of year...

I hope all your items roll in tomorrow.

I hope so too

Here is where the story really stinks:

So because the belts are not here yet I figured I would get a few things done ahead of time in terms of homework, laundry, grading (my job), and other tidbits because I have HW due tues, thurs and friday and a exam on thursday and wont have alot of time after tuesday to work on them. Well I couldnt do homework because a professor hasnt answered one of my questions yet, our laundry machine is broken, cant grade becasue Im waiting to hear back about an inconsistency I found and well you get the picture.

Ya know I went through this with my Batman costume last year and within 3 days after Halloween everything showed up. I just worked hard at not getting wrapped around the axle about it.

Nothing I could do so I made some quick stand in parts and no one really noticed. We're the only ones who really pay attention to that level of detail anyway I've found.

:cheers

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back