My first sketch cards!

jenchuan

Active Hunter
Well, I'm trying to see if I can give them a go. I've drawn two so far. LOL!

I'm so incredibly used to drawing HUGE portraits. And I am a photorealism pencil artist. The smallest drawing that I have done (that I am proud of) is 13"x17"!! I usually don't work any smaller than that!! And I so used to taking over 100 hours to finish a piece!!

But I thought about giving sketch cards a shot. It's quite a change for me though!! It's a challenge to draw on something that is 2.5"x3.5" and drawing QUICKLY!!! LOL!

I have two done now. I did one late last night, and then I just finished one about a half hour ago.

But I thought I would see what you guys thought about my work.

cfd364654bb009e167ab09140ed747b5.jpg
35768de9398d8e0518e91cf54f735de4.jpg

Psylocke and Darth Maul. Hope you guys like them!!

Thanks Obi Dan for all your help!!

PS: Yes, I am planning on doing more SW sketches!! Including the Fetts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look great. I know what you mean when it comes to try and draw anything that size. takes a bit of skill to get and element of detail into them. Nice job :)

Thanks guys!! Appreciate it!! Wait til you all see what I JUST finished drawing!! You're all gonna DROOL!!!!!!!!!! :love I'm actually liking it more than the ones I have already done!

MWAHAHA!!!! (where's the evil grin icon?)

I'll have to scan it this evening once I get home from work.

And you didn't tell me about the Maulie card? Humpf.... :facepalm Okay...okay... I know I owe you a picture *My bad...my very very bad*

Awesome work Jen... (y)

Those are looking great!
My Art teacher used to post pictures of Famous works of Art and we had to draw them. We had little sketch books with pages around 2.5"x3.5".
We did this once a week.
The kicker was there were 12 posted pics and we only had 2 minutes per pic.
It was a lot of fun and made you really study the originals to find what was important and what to focus on.
I learned a lot from him.
You are doing a Great Job!
Keep 'em coming!
Makes me want to dust off my pencils!
Scott

Weeeellll...

I was commissioned last night to draw an Indiana Jones card and a Black Cat card. So Darth Vader or Jango are on hold for a teeny bit.

MM, don't worry about that pic. I found something cooler!! When he was filming, a photographer went in and took some shots of him, and I got permission to draw one of the pics! BUT, HE is also on hold for the time being. But if this sketch card thing goes well for me, I might see if the comic writer would want me to draw him a set!

Stark Wars, get those pencils back out!! These are too much fun!!!!!!!!!! And they are also helping me keep my sanity!! If anything, they are keeping my mind off the election and all the other crazy stuff going on!! LOL!

Stark Wars, get those pencils back out!! These are too much fun!!!!!!!!!! And they are also helping me keep my sanity!! If anything, they are keeping my mind off the election and all the other crazy stuff going on!! LOL!

Yeah, I need to. Haven't been doing any artwork lately and I miss it.
Like you said, it's a good way to get lost and forget about what's going on in the world.
I'm glad I kept all my stuff.
Might not be able to afford it these days! :lol:facepalm:(
Scott

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back