iPhone troubles

CombatBaby

Well-Known Hunter
so I've had my iPhone for about a year now and the only reason I don't 100% hate it is because compared to so many other phones it is still really convenient.

However, it's got tons of bugs, not all of which have been solved.

This has happened 3 times in the last month, and now I'm, just stuck.

The touch screen has stopped working.

No amount of resetting has fixed this. Before it did. but as of today it is a brick.

All the hard buttons work, but the touch screen is toast. So basically it has turned into the iPager, as i can see my missed calls and texts but can't respond without another phone.

Going to the apple store tonight after the girlfriend heads off to work, hopefully they just give me a new one, i don't want this thing anymore.

Anyone else have similar issues/own an iphone etc.?

Sounds like you just have an iPhone that went bad. I haven't heard of any similar reports and mine has worked great. I can't imagine being without one now.

Did you buy the original iphone before the 3G came out?
That's what I have. So far I haven't had any trouble(crosses fingers) except when I first bought it. Back then the screen was freezing up all the time, but it hasn't happened in quite a while since the software updates. Whatever you do, don't let them talk you into upgrading to a 3G. Be firm and tell them you want a replacement with the ORIGINAL iphone. Otherwise you end up spending way more money with the new "plan" they have for the 3G's. The monthly payments at the end of the year ends up being way more than what you are paying now.
As long as they don't find any water damage and as long as you paid for the Applecare they should replace or atleast fix your phone with no charge.

Hope this helps.

I had trouble with my 1st gen iphone and took it back to the apple store on the day the new one came out. There was a line completely around the building. They whisked me to the front of the line and proceeded to troubleshoot my old phone. They determined that the earpiece speaker had failed and they gave me a replacement on the spot of the same model. It was under warranty still. Considering how crazy busy this place was, the level of service I received was top notch. They were friendy and enthusiastic. I have since upgraded to the 3g model and have had a few glitches, but it has been better since the software updates. By all means, if it is under any warranty, rush that puppy in there today.
Good luck. Jason

I hear they have a new tie-in product called the iTrashcan that can help, maybe some kind of new attachment?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p Anyways, I hope you can get it fixed/replace with no problem!

my simple solution: don't buy apple products... lol it's worked wonders for me

been using apples for 17 years now, no other way to go.

I was able to get a full replacement today at the apple store.

to answer a few other questions, yes i have an original not a 3G, and it's a year old or so.

now starting from scratch

glad i made a backup before i went in. that saved me big

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back